Magic Jack Plus Out, No Need To Turn On Computer

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted

This is what a lot of people have been waiting for, the new Magic Jack Plus is now available and they say you can port your old number over to it. post-40-0-19517100-1317318444.jpg Your magicJack Plus can be used by either plugging it into your modem/router or by plugging it into a USB port on your computer (PC or MAC).Using your magicJack Plus with a computer

1. Plug your magicJack Plus into a USB port on your computer (PC or MAC)A. If using a MAC, double click the magicJack Plus icon that appearsB. If using a PC, magicJack Plus sofyware will load automaticallyYou are now ready to make and receive calls
Using magicJack plus without a computer
1. Plug the magicJack Plus into the power adapter that has been provided2. Plug the Ethernet cord that has been provided into the magicJack Plus3. Plug the other end of the Ethernet cord into your modem our router4. Plug a telephone into your magicJack Plus5. Plug the power adapter into a power outletYou are now ready to make and receive calls

To register your magicJack PLUS, please follow these steps:

1. Plug your magicJack PLUS into a USB port of your computer (PC or MAC)

a. If using a MAC, double click the magicJack PLUS icon that appears

b. If using a PC, magicJack PLUS software will load automatically

c. Click on "Click Here To Register" in the left window of the magicJack PLUS SoftPhone

2. Follow the on-screen instructions to register with your personal information. You will be given the option to select a number during this registration process

• Like 1

• 3 months later...
oldutot
Posted
Posted

Hi Lee, I just starting using magicjack, do you know of any instructions on how to use it. I have it up and running and works fine. I understand the basic features, how would I delete calls from display screen. the caller i.d. numbers. I am using the basic jack. :hystery:

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted
Hi Lee, I just starting using magicjack, do you know of any instructions on how to use it. I have it up and running and works fine. I understand the basic features, how would I delete calls from display screen. the caller i.d. numbers. I am using the basic jack. :hystery:
Joe I made a new topic for the answer, you and others can find it HERE.

intrepid
Posted
Posted

We have been using the MJ plus for about a month now and love it. We had been using the MJ for 4+ years but when there was a power outage, we would forget to restart it. Of course then you always had to leave the computer on the MJwas pluged into. We have had some power outages but the new MJ plus always begins working as soon as the power is returned. If you were worried about having no phone during the power outages, you could always get a gen set or battery back up.danny

• Like 3

Jake
Posted
Posted
We have been using the MJ plus for about a month now and love it. We had been using the MJ for 4+ years but when there was a power outage, we would forget to restart it. Of course then you always had to leave the computer on the MJwas pluged into. We have had some power outages but the new MJ plus always begins working as soon as the power is returned. If you were worried about having no phone during the power outages, you could always get a gen set or battery back up.danny
Hey Danny, sounds like you're in PI now?

intrepid
Posted
Posted

Jake,I wish I were but sorry to say I'm in 25* weather with 30 mph wind in western Maryland at the time. A few more months before I can take an extended leave.We have been using the MJ here and also in our home in San Carlos City for about 4+ years now. The big problem is more with the one in San Carlos City. My mother-in -law does not know how to use the computer and refuses to learn. So, after a power outage, and you know they have them often, she has to wait intil a nephew stops over to restart the computer and MJ. This can sometimes take a week. We have tried the MJ+ here in the US and I have to say I really like it. Not only does it eliminate those issues, it even seems to have much better voice and sound quality. Now the only issue I was wondering about and maybe Lee knows. The plug in power adapter is not marked for voltage. So I am wondering if it is dual voltage? I would think it is and if not, certinly should be. Otherwise, I love it!danny

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted (edited)
Now the only issue I was wondering about and maybe Lee knows. The plug in power adapter is not marked for voltage. So I am wondering if it is dual voltage? I would think it is and if not, certinly should be. Otherwise, I love it!danny
My adapter in my Magic Jack plus is marked 100-240 right in between the two plug in prongs, take a look there and see if yours is marked there and if not then sorry I would have no idea if your would work or not.Edit to add, get a UPS and put it on the modem and router as well as the computer and then it will not go down in a power failure, that is what we do and unless the power is out for a long time, all stays working. Edited by Mr. Lee
  • Like 1

intrepid
Posted
Posted

Thanks Lee,I don't know how I missed it. Maybe I was just in too big a hurry to test it. It had worked as soon as I plugged it in and never removed it until now to take a second look. Just where you said. No I know I will like it even more! :dance:danny

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted
Thanks Lee,I don't know how I missed it. Maybe I was just in too big a hurry to test it. It had worked as soon as I plugged it in and never removed it until now to take a second look. Just where you said. No I know I will like it even more! :dance:danny
My pleasure, glad to be of help. :mocking: These Magic Jacks are great devices and they have saved me a fortune over the 5 years I have had mine so far, so I have one more year because I bought 5 extra and then I may have to give that one up since a man only needs so many phone numbers and I can't remember them all. :)