What Is Driving The Wish For Light Skin?

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
Perhaps I am truly ignorant of the world but for the life of me, I do not believe the skin tone of a " lady " has much of anything to do with how " Beautiful " she is. Though it cannot be denied that there are certain aspects physically that must be present, I simply find a WIDE array of what is defined as Beautiful . It has much more to do than dress ( Attire ), appearance or finical ( Wealth ) or education or even social status. ( In society or in the church )What is her heart like ? Is she patient & kind to others ? Especially those who may not have it as well as her. Is she wise ? Not compromising her standards but not arrogant OR boastful either. How does she conduct herself when in the company of her family and friends as opposed to how she maybe when no one really knows her ? If these qualities are not developed in her core character...how would one expect her to make a wife that could respect her Husband ?????I could go on and on but... what MAKEs a woman " Beautiful " is NOT something she does.....rather...beauty...something she IS.Then again, I am little more that an ole broken down solider whose never married. The very fact that I have never had or taken the time to date ( Court ) very many young ladies may have led me to an unrealistic since of honor and romantic attachments that simply....no longer exist in this modern world. : )Respectfully,Hig-Num
This is the thing, you and I cant understand why they would want to use skin whiteners but they have their reason for doing so.

dean01
Posted
Posted

I for one say embrace the white skin desire. The older and whiter I get I hope the right lady wants me for my skin color and not my cranky personality.

• Like 1

Jake
Posted
Posted

The article below is about a well know Filipino magazine called FHM:http://www.thegrio.c...acist-cover.phpThe editor is now revising the upcoming cover because of many complaints about light skin vs dark skin.

Tukaram (Tim)
Posted
Posted

The word "shadow" is a racist term? Or do you think they may have just been talking about her getting more well known? Doesn't matter what color the skin is some people just to thinned skin.

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

Interesting reading from the Freeman newspaper we all know racism is alive and well in Philippines.http://www.philstar.com/Article.aspx?articleId=784329&publicationSubCategoryId=109

• Like 1

Ungaro
Posted
Posted

The cosmetics industry has to convince people they are not fit to be seen in public the way God created them -- light or dark or in between. That is how they sell their products.The same company (L'Oreal, for example) sells skin lightening AND skin darkening creams.

Jake
Posted
Posted
The cosmetics industry has to convince people they are not fit to be seen in public the way God created them -- light or dark or in between. That is how they sell their products.The same company (L'Oreal, for example) sells skin lightening AND skin darkening creams.
Yeah, I hear ya Ungaro! Our Father gave us a gift called Love. Love yourself to enlighten ones soul butyet, throughout human history, vanity and jealousy quickly takes over. The cosmetic and plastic industryracks in billions of dollars to feed the devil within us.Welcome aboard sir -- Jake
  • Like 1

daisy
Posted
Posted

Well, every woman wanted to look at her best...not just because of her boyfriend or husband. It is purely for herself..call it an ego or status symbol, such desire is inherent to every woman, to all of us for that matter. The outside beauty is reflected in our skin, that's how we believe it, just as the inside is reflected by our attitude and character and even the words we say!As long it is not becoming an obsession and the woman will not go beyond the natural whiteness of her skin, it is acceptable. For natural whiteness, try to say the hidden part of her body, its where her natural skin color lies and most those who wanted to obtain a fair complexion is only until that level. Trust your ladies guys, they will not go beyond they are not...! :lol:

• Like 2