Easiest Bank To Open Account In?

CebuAndy
Posted
Posted

What is the easiest bank to open account in, with a tourist visa? Do all banks ask for ACR card?

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted
What is the easiest bank to open account in, with a tourist visa? Do all banks ask for ACR card?
Bank of Commerce on Osmena Circle would be about the only one that I know of that will open an account for a person who does not have utility bills and a lease. HERE is a post I made about it a while back. You are welcome to tell Mayen Lee from the forum sent you if you like. If you have a lease and utility bills then some other banks will open accounts for you but it will be hit and miss. I got one for a friend at the BPI near the capital but he had utility bills and even owned a condo yet was on a tourist visa.

Steve & Myrlita
Posted
Posted

Here, the bank name means nothing except the franchise it's tied to. Every bank is independently owned and operated. If for example you go to BDO on Street 1 and they turn you away, fine. Leave and go to BDO on street 2 and so on until one accepts you. Every branch of the same bank is independent and has their own rules. My BDO for example let me open an account but not as a primary. They will only allow foreigners as a second signer. Some won't allow foreigners whatsoever. Others want a perm ACR-I card while some accept foreigners with open arms. Good hunting....

Garpo
Posted
Posted

Tell them you have lots of money to deposit and you should not have a problem anywhere at all. Do what Steve has suggested, but I would even go a bit farther and say that if the teller or other employee says no, ask to talk to the manager. Seems the manger have no rules that they have to follow for some reason.

Art2ro
Posted
Posted (edited)

We've had excellent service with BPI ever since we retired here in 1988, we were only using the BB stamp which is still a tourist status, but allowed to purchase a home and even got a mortgage loan through them, but they only go up until the age of 65!

Edited by Art2ro
  • Like 1

Call me bubba
Posted
Posted

:thumbsup: i agree with ART that BPI is the best for non locals... may help to state that you need it in order to transfer funds from your home country,

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted

I found that the easiest 'type' of account to open is a savings account. When you tell the bank that all you need is a savings account to transfer a few hundred thousand pesos for future use they are much more interested in helping you. When you go direct to the bank manager and suggest you are interested in that retirement visa scheme and can he/she tell you what the bank thinks of that you will actually see them drooling and there will be paperwork and application forms on the desk before you can get out the door. ACR card? A formality sir. We will work that out.

• Like 1

CebuAndy
Posted
Posted

Thank you all, for your response. Some of them also make me smile :mocking:I will go to the banks on Monday and report back.

bepresentnow
Posted
Posted

anybody know any manager from a BPI, heard that you can open an US$ account. I won't have an ACR until I do my first renewal. and I was told by a bank lady in a BPI in Manila asking me if I have a referral.

Call me bubba
Posted
Posted
:thumbsup: i agree with ART that BPI is the best for non locals... may help to state that you need it in order to transfer funds from your home country,
I also want to add that most not all BPI offers ATM deposit, if the bank is closed, you may be able to deposit thru the ATM. IN selected areas. Their is a CASH DEPOSIT machine(teller) that allows deposits(cash) anytime. locations are usually near a major mall. Hope these EXTRA 2 benefits can convince that BPI or BPI FAMILY SAVINGS will be your new bank of choice. :angry:
  • Like 2