What Is The Best Burger You Have Found I Phil?

intrepid
Posted
Posted (edited)

Like the topic on pizza, what is the best burger and where did you buy it? I read all the pizza posts and decided to share this on burgers. Although we only spend a few months a year traveling around the Philippines, we spend a lot of our time with my wife's family in our home in San Carlos City Negros. Although I like much of the local Philippine foods, I still like Kano food sometimes and the choices are limited in the provinces. I would eat a couple times a week at Jollybees. That is until I found a little restaurant just up the road from Gaisano Mall......BURGER & BEER. It is owned and operated by Mike, an American from San Diego, Cal. He imports USDA beef, hotdogs and vegetables. These items come from Gaum, US, and I think Thailand. The menu is about 12 pages including items like tacos & burritos. It is the only restaurant in PI I have been in that does NOT serve rice! But they do serve french fries made from real potatos. The burgers are as good as any I have ever eaten in the US and the best in PI and the prices are very close to JollieBees. The first time I ate there I did not want to leave! After returning home and telling my family how good it was, they asked if I was going back? Well of course, for lunch, for dinner, and the next day and the next. When asked what I would try next off the menu, I replied pages 4 & 5. And for you pizza lovers, he had just bought a large Pizza oven and was hopping to have it ready in April, but I left before that so I can not give a fair report on his pizza. But he told me it would be a New York style pizza made with imported ingredients and toppings also. I will say, if the pizza is any where close to as good as the burgers, a lot more ex-pacts will be moving to San Carlos City! So, where have you found great burgers?danny

Edited by intrepid
  • Like 1

• Forum Support
scott h
Posted
Posted

I have only had jolebee burgers on our visits, ug. I prefer to try as many filipino dishes that i can. But the best Burger I had there was what I made for my relatives. I cobbled together a make shift grill, went to the butcher shop had him grind some meat for me. (he looked at me like I was crazy when i asked him to grind up some extra fat with it) Went to our open air market, bough onions and tomatos and stuff, Long story short made em just like i do in the states. Cooked em up and served, you would have thought i was the second coming of McArthur. Everybody loved em ask for more and was suddenly a very popular Kano. Hmmmmmmmm maybe a sideline business when i retire? Scott's Burger Palace?

• Like 1

Bundy
Posted
Posted

Heading south through the town of Carcar/Cebu, you go through the rotunda and a further approx. 200 metres you will see a building on the left just past the rice fields. Here is located "Campfire Grill" owned and operated by Sam, a Texan and he makes some pretty good burgers. A bit expensive compared to Jollibee but certainly if you want a burger like you buy at home, then this is a good place to go.

Jake
Posted
Posted
Like the topic on pizza, what is the best burger and where did you buy it? I read all the pizza posts and decided to share this on burgers. Although we only spend a few months a year traveling around the Philippines, we spend a lot of our time with my wife's family in our home in San Carlos City Negros. Although I like much of the local Philippine foods, I still like Kano food sometimes and the choices are limited in the provinces. I would eat a couple times a week at Jollybees. That is until I found a little restaurant just up the road from Gaisano Mall......BURGER & BEER. It is owned and operated by Mike, an American from San Diego, Cal. He imports USDA beef, hotdogs and vegetables. These items come from Gaum, US, and I think Thailand. The menu is about 12 pages including items like tacos & burritos. It is the only restaurant in PI I have been in that does NOT serve rice! But they do serve french fries made from real potatos. The burgers are as good as any I have ever eaten in the US and the best in PI and the prices are very close to JollieBees. The first time I ate there I did not want to leave! After returning home and telling my family how good it was, they asked if I was going back? Well of course, for lunch, for dinner, and the next day and the next. When asked what I would try next off the menu, I replied pages 4 & 5. And for you pizza lovers, he had just bought a large Pizza oven and was hopping to have it ready in April, but I left before that so I can not give a fair report on his pizza. But he told me it would be a New York style pizza made with imported ingredients and toppings also. I will say, if the pizza is any where close to as good as the burgers, a lot more ex-pacts will be moving to San Carlos City! So, where have you found great burgers?danny
Hey Danny, It is most appreciated that we have posts such as your field report on the best burgers in the city of San Carlos, Negros Occidental. Google Earth shows a very nice and modern port and vast area of farmland. Looks like a very nice place to retire. Thank you - Jake

Jake
Posted
Posted
I have only had jolebee burgers on our visits, ug. I prefer to try as many filipino dishes that i can. But the best Burger I had there was what I made for my relatives. I cobbled together a make shift grill, went to the butcher shop had him grind some meat for me. (he looked at me like I was crazy when i asked him to grind up some extra fat with it) Went to our open air market, bough onions and tomatos and stuff, Long story short made em just like i do in the states. Cooked em up and served, you would have thought i was the second coming of McArthur. Everybody loved em ask for more and was suddenly a very popular Kano. Hmmmmmmmm maybe a sideline business when i retire? Scott's Burger Palace?
Hmm.....Scott's Burger Palace! I like that -- may I suggest you set up pole dancing also.I'll bring the grease for Kuya Lee's opening night.....he, he. DOM forever -- Jake

Jake
Posted
Posted
Heading south through the town of Carcar/Cebu, you go through the rotunda and a further approx. 200 metres you will see a building on the left just past the rice fields. Here is located "Campfire Grill" owned and operated by Sam, a Texan and he makes some pretty good burgers. A bit expensive compared to Jollibee but certainly if you want a burger like you buy at home, then this is a good place to go.
Another excellent boots on ground field report! You guys are making me hungry......! Respectfully -- Jake

Braddo
Posted
Posted

This was and still is the best looking and tasting hamburger that I have had the honer tasting Kuya Lee knows the place at the Ayala Center Cebu :wave: Braddo post-747-0-96049200-1312440796_thumb.jpgpost-747-0-10462000-1312440830_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

brock
Posted
Posted (edited)
post-7-0-32594700-1312450580.jpg I tried to set my wife up in business while I was away. All I can say is you have to be hands on. She did her best and tried to save me money, I allowed her 60,000, she only spent about 5000 but messed it up. Bless her Edited by brock
  • Like 1

MikeB
Posted
Posted
This was and still is the best looking and tasting hamburger that I have had the honer tasting Kuya Lee knows the place at the Ayala Center Cebu :wave: Braddo
Could you share the name with the rest of us?

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted
This was and still is the best looking and tasting hamburger that I have had the honer tasting Kuya Lee knows the place at the Ayala Center Cebu :wave: Braddo
It was Casa Verde.