Most Foreigner Murdered In Angeles City Cases Not Solved

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted

Seems not a lot of attention has been paid to the murders of foreigners in Angeles City and quite possibly elsewhere in the Philippines, so why do we think that is? Don't our lives count too? The latest case that added to the growing numbers of slain foreigners is the robbery homicide of British national Atkins, 62. MOST FOREIGNERS NOT MURDERED ON MY WATCHANGELES CITY – Senior Supt. Rodolfo Recomono, Director of the Angeles City Police Office (ACPO), clarified earlier reports on unsolved cases of foreigners slay being pursued by higher police headquarters saying most of the incidents took place not under his watch. He said recorded incidents involving slay of foreigners that happened since my assumption as top cop of ACPO, if I’m not mistaken, was just two cases. These include British and ex-Royal Ulster Constabulary David Balmer and Paul Raymond Atkins. Former RUC Policeman Denies Murder of Partner in Philippines Sex Trade A former RUC officer has denied carrying out the murder of his sex trade business partner after the victim was found shot to death in bed with his Filipina lover.

Bruce
Posted
Posted

11 dead foreigners, all met with a violent end.... In how small of an area and time frame? While maybe not 'connected' per se, it may be that the area attracts both foreigners with something other than a quiet vacation or retirement on their minds and a higher % of criminals who look on foreigners as not only a possible source of (greater) income but also a lesser chance of prosecution?

• Like 2

Garpo
Posted
Posted

I don't have the percentage numbers but it seems to me and would be my guess that foreigner homicide cases are not solved and less arrests made, compared to homicides of the Filipino citizen. Maybe because the murder of foreigners is better planned and thought out for the money involved, compared to acts of random violence towards their fellow Filipinos.

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...
Papa Carl
Posted
Posted

Having moved to Angeles just over 4 months ago, I can honestly say this does not touch the majority of people here. Yes if you are involved in a certain industry that is abundant in Angeles it may, but for the majority of others, it might as well be at the other end of the Philippines. If you work and play in an industry that holds no value on others lives, don't expect it to hold any value on your life!! Yes this is a relatively small city, with a population no where as big as Manila for other cities in the Philippines, and yes a greater percentage of killings occur here, but for the most part only associated with the sex industry.

• Like 3