Sling Box And How It Is Working

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted

Sling boxFirst of all, I have had no experience with a sling box before this past week....... My wife mentioned to a friend that she would like to watch some of her favorite shows back in the states, he then told me to bring my laptop to lunch and he downloaded a program into it and put his password in and told me to use his sling box. So far I have only been using it for a two days, so I really cannot say if it will continue to work as well as it does, but so far it is great and we get to watch all the channels that he has paid for. The picture is good when small and not bad when full screen but we do have to move back from the computer to watch it or we get eye strain.I brought along a monitor cable with the intention of hooking it to my flat screen TV, but I still have to go to a computer store and get an adapter because the cable has one male and one female and I need two with prongs that will plug into the computer and then the TV.....I will update this thread when I have used it longer and how it works on the TV.Anyone else using a sling box and would like to tell us how it works for you?

• Like 1

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

What is your connection speed?

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted
What is your connection speed?
I am paying for the p999 service and it was faster than normal this morning and it is now slower than it is supposed to be tonight.

post-40-1234275900_thumb.jpg

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted

Update, I got the cable and hooked it up to my TV and it works great. I am running the sling box now and also my magic jack and below is what my speed test showed at speedtest.net. As we all know, speeds change with the time of day and last night my speed was lower but it still worked. My guess is that a computer will have to be dedicated to the sling box while it is in use because it changed my screen setting on my laptop when I hooked it up to the TV but I am still playing and this is new to me, and I will be happy to update as I go along.

post-40-1234315938_thumb.png

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

This is very interesting thanks for posting Lee!Is the programming you download

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted

TheMason
Posted
Posted

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

Thanks Mason!Can you guys access Hulu in Philippines?Hulu

scianna54
Posted
Posted

Nope, it says access only within the US.

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted

A minor update. We have been watching it for a while now and it works great, I bought a monitor cable and hooked the laptop to our flat screen TV and bought external speakers for the laptop and now we have stereo Florida TV here in Cebu. I can change channels right on the computer screen just with a click of the mouse. Wonderful, wonderful. Living the good life.

• Like 1