Air Purifiers

United Army
Posted
Posted

Just wondering if anyone has purchased a Air Purifier with a HEPA filter and where they got it from? It would be used for my townhouse and moved from room to room. I know Ace Hardware in SM Mall has a couple, wondering if any other store has them beside Ace Hardware.

Art2ro
Posted
Posted

We had a 110v Panasonic brand long ago we shipped here from California! I accidentily pulled it in to a 220v outlet and it went up in smokes! Ace Hardware sells good stuff depending on the brand name! Good luck to which one you ever purchase! Hey Mark, good to see you posting again! I missed ya, from one military veteran to another!

• 3 weeks later...
United Army
Posted
Posted

Here is a update on this subject. I went to Ace Hardware a few weeks ago and purchased an Air Purifier. Its called Air Wellness Power 5. Its not the new Power 5 Pro version, so if you look this up on the internet you will find the Power 5 Pro version more than the Power 5 version, but the system they both use are similar.This is the only one that I could find with the proper filtering system. It has 4 filters:First filter is the filter frame/prefilterSecond is catalytic filterThird is carbon filterFourth is the antiallergenic/hepa filterI must say that I’m very happy with it. I use to have a soreness in the back of my throat for months and after I started to use this air purifier that sensation when away. Since I have moved to the Philippines I have had bronchitis or sinus problems at least 10 times. The last time I had an chest x-ray and the dx was slightly hyperaerated lungs which is:Basically this occurs when air is trapped in the lungs and you can't "catch your breath" because the air that is in your lungs won't expell, allowing you to inhale fresh air. This is basically asthmatic in nature and in adults can be caused by smoking or other respitory irritants or diseases. The doctor gave me some meds and it cleared up...mild form of bronchitis.The key words here are “other respitory irritants” that cause me to have problems. Dust in the air is doing this to me. There is a cement plant just down the road from me and a electrical plant in Naga which uses coal, so put 2 and 2 together….and lets not talk about the pollution from the vehicles here either. Very dirty air!!! And just plane road dust that is kicked up when vehicles drive on the roads. We would keep our windows open almost all the time, but now we keep them closed all the time and turn on the aircon more. So with doing this and using this air purifier things are better now for me.This Air purifier sure does take the dust and junk out of the air in my house and I feel its well worth the money. So if anyone else has similar problems like I have been having and if you can afford this, by all means you will not be disappointed.

• Thanks 1

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted
Here is a update on this subject. I went to Ace Hardware a few weeks ago and purchased an Air Purifier. Its called Air Wellness Power 5. Its not the new Power 5 Pro version, so if you look this up on the internet you will find the Power 5 Pro version more than the Power 5 version, but the system they both use are similar.This is the only one that I could find with the proper filtering system. It has 4 filters:First filter is the filter frame/prefilterSecond is catalytic filterThird is carbon filterFourth is the antiallergenic/hepa filterI must say that I’m very happy with it. I use to have a soreness in the back of my throat for months and after I started to use this air purifier that sensation when away. Since I have moved to the Philippines I have had bronchitis or sinus problems at least 10 times. The last time I had an chest x-ray and the dx was slightly hyperaerated lungs which is:Basically this occurs when air is trapped in the lungs and you can't "catch your breath" because the air that is in your lungs won't expell, allowing you to inhale fresh air. This is basically asthmatic in nature and in adults can be caused by smoking or other respitory irritants or diseases. The doctor gave me some meds and it cleared up...mild form of bronchitis.The key words here are “other respitory irritants” that cause me to have problems. Dust in the air is doing this to me. There is a cement plant just down the road from me and a electrical plant in Naga which uses coal, so put 2 and 2 together….and lets not talk about the pollution from the vehicles here either. Very dirty air!!! And just plane road dust that is kicked up when vehicles drive on the roads. We would keep our windows open almost all the time, but now we keep them closed all the time and turn on the aircon more. So with doing this and using this air purifier things are better now for me.This Air purifier sure does take the dust and junk out of the air in my house and I feel its well worth the money. So if anyone else has similar problems like I have been having and if you can afford this, by all means you will not be disappointed.
Thank you UA, I have the same problems and it is much worse here this year, than any previous year. It was nice and cool out about a week ago, so my wife and I opened the sliding doors and windows and our condo kept cool, the problem was that about 3 hours into having it open, I went into an attack and had to use am inhaler to catch my breath and lay down because I felt like I was dying, and it took a few days to get over it totally. Too much pollution here for sure, but something this year is different? Maybe the coal plant in Naga? I will look into buying one of those.

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
Too much pollution here for sure, but something this year is different? Maybe the coal plant in Naga? I will look into buying one of those.
what would you do with a coal plant,thought you retired. :lol:

United Army
Posted
Posted
Thank you UA, I have the same problems and it is much worse here this year, than any previous year. It was nice and cool out about a week ago, so my wife and I opened the sliding doors and windows and our condo kept cool, the problem was that about 3 hours into having it open, I went into an attack and had to use am inhaler to catch my breath and lay down because I felt like I was dying, and it took a few days to get over it totally. Too much pollution here for sure, but something this year is different? Maybe the coal plant in Naga? I will look into buying one of those.
Sorry to hear you have the same problem as I do, or almost. And I'm glad I could help you. Bye the way that electric plant in Naga I do not think its for sale, but I'm sure they will sell you some coal if you really need some...ha ha

• 3 months later...
United Army
Posted
Posted

Well its been 4 months since I have been using this air purifier, and I have had no bronchitis at all. And have had no running nose to speak of and no yellow junk coming out of my nose. I clean the pre-filter once a week and wash the blue filter once a month. I'm still in shock of how much dust etc., it gets out of the air.I also recently purchased from Ace Hardward: Filtrete Microparticle Aircon Filter, its made by 3M and comes in a red box. It has electrostatic fibers in this filter. I put this filter over the filter in my aircons, and this also helps to get dust etc., out of the air. If it was not for this air purifier, I think I would be sick as a dog....

• Thanks 1

MikeB
Posted
Posted
Well its been 4 months since I have been using this air purifier, and I have had no bronchitis at all. And have had no running nose to speak of and no yellow junk coming out of my nose. I clean the pre-filter once a week and wash the blue filter once a month. I'm still in shock of how much dust etc., it gets out of the air.I also recently purchased from Ace Hardward: Filtrete Microparticle Aircon Filter, its made by 3M and comes in a red box. It has electrostatic fibers in this filter. I put this filter over the filter in my aircons, and this also helps to get dust etc., out of the air. If it was not for this air purifier, I think I would be sick as a dog....
I have had a chronic cough since I got here and I believe it's due, in large part, to the fact that my lungs are in shock from all the crap in the air. I will be looking at these appliances immediately, thanks for the very useful info. Where's that "Appreciated" button?

Art2ro
Posted
Posted

If one uses a 1 hp split type air conditioner in their master bedroom, one won't need an air purifier, because most split type air conditioners has it's own hefa filter and an electric bacteria killing element built into the unit! We have a dual split type system in one (2 compressors in one out door unit housing) in our home there's a 1hp unit for the master bedroom and a 2hp unit for the entire downstairs living space including the dinning room and kitchen! We also have a separate entertainment room and it will cool that part of our downstairs area too when all the doors inside downstairs living area are open, but our electricity bill will be around double the cost. So, we only use our 2 hp split type A/C downstairs unit only when we need it if we have any respiratory problems, but so far we haven't any, because we have double meshed screens on all our entry doors and windows! Our dual split type A/C system cost us P68,000 including installation, because it used up 12 meters of copper tubing and extra freon, that was 12 years ago and our A/C system is still operating fine!

United Army
Posted
Posted
I have had a chronic cough since I got here and I believe it's due, in large part, to the fact that my lungs are in shock from all the crap in the air. I will be looking at these appliances immediately, thanks for the very useful info. Where's that "Appreciated" button?
Mike if you have any questions about this air purifier just shoot me a PM...