Green Trail Rides 4 Cebu Bikers

Britster
Posted
Posted (edited)

Anyone with a Motorcycle, here in Cebu, who likes to get off the main roads with the traffic, noise, danger, and pollution, and prefers riding the back roads and exploring tracks and trails and even footpaths, up in the hills and mountains?Well there is a Group of like minded 'Bikers' who are doing just that, Green Trail Riding in Cebu, since January of this Year.post-1236-0-34338300-1311382409_thumb.gihttp://greentrails4cebubikers.wetpaint.com/Originally it was discussed as a Thread on another Forum - until I got banned (for having posted on the Private Yahoo Group - Cebu_BritClub) .I started a Wetpaint Wiki Blog to continue the interest shown in that Thread, and continue going out on these Green Trail Rides.This was the Green Trail Ride we did last Friday Green Trail Ride #12 http://greentrails4cebubikers.wetpaint.com/page/Green Trail Ride #12Here is some of the Video, that Brett (govoner100) took with his GoPro960 camera on GTR #12:-Part 2

Part 5
If the rain stays away this SUNDAY (24th July) we may go out on GTR#13 - so those with a suitable motorcycle (Matt copes well with his XRM125), come along to Lagtang Grill @10am to find out if its on, and where we might be heading?Lagtang GrillRafael Rabaya Road, Lagtang, Talisay, Philippines 6045http://www.click2map.com/maps/dwhittall/PRMCCmap Edited by Kuya Lee
remove link to another forum

Jake
Posted
Posted
Anyone with a Motorcycle, here in Cebu, who likes to get off the main roads with the traffic, noise, danger, and pollution, and prefers riding the back roads and exploring tracks and trails and even footpaths, up in the hills and mountains?Well there is a Group of like minded 'Bikers' who are doing just that, Green Trail Riding in Cebu, since January of this Year.post-1236-0-34338300-1311382409_thumb.gihttp://greentrails4cebubikers.wetpaint.com/Originally it was discussed as a Thread on another Forum- until I got banned (for having posted on the Private Yahoo Group - Cebu_BritClub) .I started a Wetpaint Wiki Blog to continue the interest shown in that Thread, and continue going out on these Green Trail Rides.This was the Green Trail Ride we did last Friday Green Trail Ride #12 http://greentrails4cebubikers.wetpaint.com/page/Green Trail Ride #12Here is some of the Video, that Brett (govoner100) took with his GoPro960 camera on GTR #12:-Part 2Part 5If the rain stays away this SUNDAY (24th July) we may go out on GTR#13 - so those with a suitable motorcycle (Matt copes well with his XRM125), come along to Lagtang Grill @10am to find out if its on, and where we might be heading?Lagtang GrillRafael Rabaya Road, Lagtang, Talisay, Philippines 6045http://www.click2map.com/maps/dwhittall/PRMCCmap
Excellent ride Britster with beautiful scenery along the way! Say, that helmet cam GoPro960 really takessome nice HD video. Not too much wind noise and produces bright and focused colors. Well done sir -- Jake

brock
Posted
Posted

Nice video`s David.

Britster
Posted
Posted

Please NOTE, they are NOT my Video's, they were shot by Brett (govoner100 on YouTube ) a guy from New Zealand who bought his GoPro960 on his last visit together with his Garmin GPSMAP 60CSx hand held navigator. So you need to be thanking him, not me.Post to Govoner100 on YouTubeThere are 3 other Parts to that GTR #12 - I just showed the ones Brett himself enjoyed the most, as they were up in the Hills and offered the best views - both sides of the road/track

I just helped Brett submit his GPS logs to RoadGuide.ph so he also now achieved Contributor Status. I then helped him downlaod, install and unlock RoadGuide.ph Contributors maop V1.26 that has the Contributions he submitted already on the Map. In return Brett helps me explore and map some Trails not on RoadGuide.ph so we can get familiar with them and see if suitable for taking others on.Some are not for 'newbies', like the path of Ronnie Muring we were trying to find on GTR#7

1. |a motor bike trip in he hills behind talisay by govoner100 | 2 months ago | 55 views
  2. further in to the trail getting up into the hills behind MINGLANILLIA by govoner100 | 2 months ago | 34 views
  3. by govoner100 | 2 months ago | 34 views

Having said that 'newbie. Matt, showed up, without letting us know he intended to join in on his XRM 125, but he coped just fine and I guess having small light XRM is easier to turn around on a narrow footpath when you determine you on the wrong path! (I now have my Garmin 255 Nuvi mounted on my XT225, and have RoadGuide.ph map installed, along with 10M Contour Map of the Philippines (and OpenStreetMap) so woud have seen we should have looked for path 20m higher before heading West). Will try and find Ronnie muring Trail one day, now we are better equipped to have a better go at finding it, particularly with Brett having that Garmin 60CSx as it has built in Electronic Compass and Altimeter/ barometer, so you know where you are, even if you can.t get 3D Satellite Fix hopefully).I helped another guy Andy (a Brit) obtain a Garmin Nuvi 265W and waterproof handlebar mount, and again obtain submit and become a Contributor so he too has the latest RoadGuide.ph map to follow whilst we out on these Green Trail Rides up in the hills and Mountains of Cebu.There are still many tracks and paths not on RoadGuide.ph yet, as well as Sub-Divisions to be mapped and new WayPoints with new Fuel Stations cropping up, almost monthly or more, it seems.

Britster
Posted
Posted
Excellent ride Britster with beautiful scenery along the way! Say, that helmet cam GoPro960 really takessome nice HD video. Not too much wind noise and produces bright and focused colors. Well done sir -- Jake
Yeh that GoPro960 that Brett ( govoner100 on Youtube) bought when he went back to New Zealand is sure nice HD Video (comes with Waterproof Housing, so can film underwater also. 683_large_CHD96-001-04-683x4261.683x426.jpgWish I could afford to buy one (US$ 179.99)! Price seems to be getting more affordable however

However it little too Ultra Wide Angle of View (Fish Eye) for my liking (170º ultra wide angle) but everything from 2' to infinity isi n focus (even if the horizon is curved, if not in center of Camera screen, same with vertical posts/trees, as you pass them).Being that he mounts it on his helmet, above his eyes, the GoPro960 getting different angle, than his eyeballs also. I suggested that Brett tries it on the side of his helmet, so it level with his eyes?If I was to buy one, I might consider Contour GPS as it only 135 Degrees Angle of View rather than 170 Degrees (like GoPro and Contour+)What the ContourGPS offers, that the GoPro does not, is GPS mapping (although Software from DashWare for $49.99 can address that)gps.png?1311403495This is the feature that would have me consider ContourGPS rather than GoPro however:-Ability to use an Android Mobile phone /Tablet as camera Control and Remote viewfinder via Bluetoothandroid.jpg?1311403495 Supports Android OS v 2.2.1 and above*I will read more since what I would like is to frame and take 'Stills' - Photo shots, as well as video or pause and shoot, if at all possible.

CAMERA SETTINGS

With the new Contour app you can change your settings wirelessly in real-time. Select your video mode, adjust your microphone volume, change your lighting conditions, or configure your GPS, whether you're on the side of a mountain, on top of a dune, or deep in the woods.
header-settings.jpg?1311403495

Having built in GPS log Track so one can show ones position on a GPS MAP, would be really cool. DashWareLogo_Small.pngDash Ware can achieve GPS mapping on a GoPro (and Contour and ChaseCam) however, with a GPX track log (Garmin GPS etc) but adds $50

Mobile Connection

With the new Bluetooth® capability of the ContourGPS we've made it possible to check your angle on a smartphone screen before dropping in or taking off. The Contour App creates a wireless handheld viewfinder that enables you to align your shot to make sure you have the right angle and eliminate guesswork. Made for both iOS and Android, the ContourGPS connection also allows users to tweak settings via phone on the hill or at home.
Learn more

• 5 months later...
TheSweatyButcher
Posted
Posted

Looks like a great time! I ride the back roads where I'm from now and would really enjoy riding there, I just need to find a bike(when I get there).

• 2 weeks later...
Britster
Posted
Posted (edited)
Looks like a great time! I ride the back roads where I'm from now and would really enjoy riding there, I just need to find a bike(when I get there).
You don't say where you are now or when you might be in Cebu to be able to join in a Green Trail Ride with us?Have you read our Wiki Blog:-We are a Group of like minded 'Bikers' who are doing just that, Green Trail Riding in Cebu, since January of last Year.index.php?app=core&module=attach&section=attach&attach_rel_module=post&attach_id=2855http://greentrails4cebubikers.wetpaint.com/We have a page related to Suitable Motorcycles for Off-Roading?1.png?v=20111214172750 If I had not spent Php160k on a Yamaha XT225 from Norkis in December 2007, I would give serious consideration to the TRLAX 200 Enduro from aMotostar / EastWorld DealerOk so it is only 200cc rather than 225cc (but you will find it is lot better than an XRM 125cc, costing about the same price), and only 5 Speed Gearbox, rather than the XT225's 6 Speed.It does have very good ground clearance, Disc Brakes Front and Back, and Inverted Front Forks and Monoshock Rear suspension Motorstar TRLAX 200 enduro Php55,000 cash! (Php61,000 in Cebu)side-red_16.jpgpersp-red_15.jpgback-red_16.jpgThe Specifications of the TRLAX 200 Enduro on the Motostar webpage, are clearly wrong!They give Displacement as 196.40cc but Bore X Stroke of 56.5mm x 49.5mm, which is that of a 125cc, Rated Power/Corresponding Rev 7.2kw/(8500±850)r/min Max. Torque/Corresponding Rev 8.6N.m/(7500±750)r/min This quoted Power 7.2 kw and Torque of 8.6N.m8.6N.m is therefore likely to be for whatever 125cc they mis-quoted against?MotoX 155 Max. Power/Corresponding Rev 8.8kw/(8500±5%)r/min Max. Torque/Corresponding Rev 10.0N.m/(7500±5%)r/min Some posted that it is the same engine as in theXplorer z200
It seems Zongshen designed the 200GS with economy in mind for "Sport touring" bike. Instead of remodelling an existing Super Sports engine for public road use or to be street legal, a dedicated single-cylinder four-stroke 200 cc engine was chosen for increased fuel mileage. This engine utilizes an old-school push rod valve system to ensure long-distance engine endurance, eliminating risks of timing chain failure due to the piling heat during a long-distance travel. Yet, the push rod design is a compromise to its top speed, allowing it to settle to a maximum of 120 km/h (75 mph) speed capability. Pushing the z200 to very high rpms exposes it to risks of "valve float".
This Forum prohibits Links to other Forums, so try a Google Search on Xplorer z200 to learn more about reliability of this 200cc engine, spare availability etchttp://en.wikipedia....ance_statisticsThe Zongshen 200GS push-rod engine uses early Honda technology.Owners in the Philippines discovered that many engine parts are compatible or interchangeable with the parts of a Honda TMX-155 engine. Max power 15 hp (10.8 kW) @ 8000 rpm Max Torque 13 Nm @ 6500 rpm That is more realistic Power/Torque Figures for a 200cc 4 Stroke engine and double the power of what Motostar have put up under the Specifications for the TRLAXYou could buy 3 x TRLAX 200 Enduro almost, for the price I paid for my Yamaha XT225 (and I doubt if I will get 3 x the life out of my XT225).So those who dismiss such 200cc Dual Sport Motorcycle, just because engine made by 'Zongshen', would rather pay Php130K (more than Double) for new Honda XR200, even though it has Drum rear Brake and does not have Inverted Front Forks, and a taller seat height probably! These Motostar motorcyles, are imported in bits and assembled here in the Philippines to considerably reduce the Import/Customs Duty.Ask the Dealer for 1 x TRLAX Assembled and tested, with Registration etc another still in disassembled state as Spares (you then can replace anything if it gets damaged or goes faulty, have the engine repaired and then switch it back, so it ties in with Reg Docs). Edited by Britster
  • Like 2