American Teen’S Kidnapping Tale In The Philippines

Jake
Posted
Posted

brave and tough hope he works through through the ptsd alright.  

I think Marshall's original intent to post this story was to highlight the bravery, faith and perseverance

of both mother and son.  It makes me think whether I could endure that traumatic ordeal.  

I spent nearly an hour studying the island of Basilan and its people.  Very interesting historical back-

ground.  Numerous articles about US Special Forces stationed on the island is worth reading too.

Thank you LoneWolf and Marshall for your sensitivity about their survival.  Yeah, even civilians suffer

post traumatic stress disorder -- I know I would.....If I ever survive.  

post-686-0-35169100-1365432944_thumb.jpg

Respectfully -- Jake

• Like 2

i am bob
Posted
Posted

This is a story of a boy and his mother who went through a very dangerous situation and were able to come through by remembering their faith and by truly being brave.  Could I do what they did?  I have no idea - I think I would have to go through something similar and I really don't want to have that happen just to find out. But the fact that they did prove that they are one step above!

As for some of the responses?  Please do not use the excuse that a group of terrorist are hiding behind religion as a reason to eradicate anyone of that religion.  Does this make it any better a reason than that used against those of the Jewish faith during WWII?  Or even the Witch Hunts in Salem?  People forget that the Muslim faith includes basically the same Bible that we are familiar with but goes further.  It does not preach murder and violence but rather peace and harmony.  Those who are using terrorism in the name of their faith? They are the ones who must be stopped.  Stopped and punished for their crimes.  Same as for those who commit terrorism in the name of any faith.

So, please, before you go and say that an entire population should be wiped out, stop and think about the implications of your words.  There are more good people in this world who just want to live their lives in peace. These are the people we should be supporting, not advocating wiping them off the face of the earth.    Who knows?  They just may be part of your family in the Philippines. 

• Like 3