So Its May The 13Th And We Have A Liquoir Ban

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted

Didn't I see or hear somewhere that hotels, bars, resorts were still able to sell alcohol to foreigners, even though its banned to locals??

I heard it was 5 star and above who had no alcohol ban.

So its May the 13th and we have a liquor ban, what is the Philippine government thinking, don’t they know its my 54th Birthday, don’t they ever read this forum check out our profiles, so inconsiderate, guess I'll have to drink some of that local homemade drain cleaner.............just like every other day.

:540:

Happy birthday 

brock
Posted
Posted

Have a very Happy Birthday John,, :cheersty:

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

The liquor ban makes no sense because you can purchase all you needs or wants before the ban. What they need to ban is public intoxication.

Perhaps some of the vote bribe money will be spent on food or other like items instead of alcohol during the ban? Many Filipinos have no savings to buy alcohol ahead of the ban.

• Like 1

i am bob
Posted
Posted

Happy birthday Sir!

As for a drink?  For foreigners only, in tourist areas and in hotels that cater to the foreign tourist trade was how it was labelled in the newspapers.

And as for the ban?  It's not the only country that goes dry during the time the polls are open.  We do so here in Canada though I am not sure who else does.  I usually stay away from countries having elections.

oinkoink
Posted
Posted

Strange banning drink any place just seems to me . what do they think might happen if a guy has a few beers or shots I do wonder at election time , what  different  than any other time   ..