Posted
Posted

I would have said he wrote  :hystery:

Its all good in the end, cost Nesa a tooth, cost me 6000p  :cheersty:

• Like 1

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

Just seemed a big jump from 400p to 6000p thats all.

Perhaps you forgot the Kano Tax? :th_unfair:

Not sure how there could be kano tax as the patient is Filipina and living in the Philippines where Brock is not in the Philippines so unless she told the dentist her foreign husband was paying there shouldn't be kano tax.  :thumbsup:

• Like 1

brock
Posted
Posted

Tom  you are right, She used her old id, I told her not to use her married name, She must just look affluent  :hystery:

• Like 2

jojones
Posted
Posted

A local friend recently had one out for 10k which is the price I was quoted too (I think another said 12k), so I assumed that was about right.

• Like 1

russellmania
Posted
Posted (edited)

I went to DENTALAND in Ayala mall,and got a cleaning and 9 fillings. Total cost P6,459. I needed a tooth pulled but dentist says not wise to extract a tooth and catch a international flight in a few days. But this sucker was throbbing so next day I visited Green Apple Dentist in ayala mall. Dentist says its really up to patient if they want to fly,so I said pull this sucker out. Damage for x-ray and extraction was P1.842.

Edited by russellmania
  • Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
Moonlight
Posted
Posted

My wife Nesa has just had a wisdom tooth pulled at a cost of over 6000p.

That seems expensive, I don't think it would cost that much in England.

Does this cost seem right ?.

Impacted tooth extraction is considered surgery. 6000 is really cheap. It will cost way more in England.. Metrodental charges 15,000 and most clinics charge about 10,000. This requires experience and skill..

Thomas
Posted
Posted
I think the magic words (besides Kano) were "Impacted Wisdom Tooth".
Yes. It's a huge difference between different wisdom teeth.

(E g for me:

Mostly I let dentist work without I get pain killer shots, because I have a geene named cepophen-p (In Swedish that sound as "Look-at-the-devil =an expression meaning a small "WOW"  :)         It make almost all pain killer types not functioning or with much reduced effect. Not even strong morphine doses make any difference. The advantage with it, we can't become such drug adicts  :)  because we don't get any effect from them. A few SHOTS preparates make have some effect, but that's types making the muscles don't function either, so not so good if trying to walk using such pain killers in the knee  :hystery:

Anyway - I got surgery for such Impacted wisdom tooth, and they had convinced me I would need pain killer shots before they started the surgery. The surgery was for 30 minutes, but the pain killer shot did last only 10 minutes on me. After 20 minutes the nurse noticed I made some faces  :)   and they asked if I wanted to get one more shot and wait until they could go on, but when they told they will need additional 10 minutes surgery, then I said they could go on without a new shot.

Some years later it was time for one of my other wisdom teeth. We started without painkiller, but after 10 seconds I said I need some pain killer if it would take much longer. Then it was done allready!  :hystery:

joeatmanila
Posted
Posted

A normal extraction is 400p

This was an impacted wisdom tooth, Just seemed a big jump from 400p to 6000p thats all.

whatever it cost it was worth it so Nesa didn't have any pain.

if she didn't have any pain after removing a wisdom tooth, I will fly to Cebu to do this dentist if and when I need to extract my wisdom tooth. the 6k...is the price of a minor surgery and that was done to her, not just a simple extraction.

• Like 2

joeatmanila
Posted
Posted

I am again running with the dentists (as my teeth are some of the worst existing) and here are the prices I pay this week.

Pulling out a tooth

Placing a crown and porcelane cover on a molar

Removable flexible denture with 4 teeth on it

All together 21000p.

By the way, the tooth pull out including the x-ray was 250p...

I never go to the fancy malls no more, just a local dentist.

The secret was spelled from a dentist in a mall, they are just hire there since they do not have money to have their own clinic. Their credentials is their license and for how long they have been working before. if they were working in an expensive firm or a local dentistry of the barrio....makes no difference.

• Like 2

robert k
Posted
Posted

I have been looking and prices vary widely in Manila. I have a partial plate and looking at posted prices the range was from $81 to 5 times what I paid in the US to have my last one made. I consider it temporary and I probably will be toothless and with full  dentures in the next 25 years or so no need to have something made of platinum, just something to keep me smiling and chewing. :)  You can always pay more but you don't always get more.

• Like 1