My-Shoppingbox, Johnny Air Cargo, Etc

deevey
Posted
Posted (edited)

F**king amazon!! - again! 

Seriously how big do they need to make the boxes, even after being assured by customer service that they would make sure the item was in "snugly fitting box" !! 

Got this shipped Via My Shopping Box - safe and sound unfortunately Amazon must have decided that it wasn't impressive enough so they added their own little touch. 

13990999253_2c620de1e9.jpg

As was when opened, note: no padding whatsoever and 3x the volume of the actual item = at least 2x the shipping cost !! grrrrrr

/rant

Edited by deevey
  • Like 3

Mike S
Posted
Posted

Davey ... does customs open your boxes from My Shipping Box ..... I need to order some stuff but i sure don't want to pay double the cost of the item to customs .... vat tax I don't mind paying but by the time you add the stamp cost and other such crap it costs just about double plus they charge you the cost of shipping in their calculations .... :th_unfair:

:cheersty:

MikeB
Posted
Posted
does customs open your boxes from My Shipping Box

I've had about 30 items forwarded via my-shoppingbox and they have never been opened by customs or anyone else. Custom charges are included in the $25 annual fee.

• Like 1

Mike S
Posted
Posted

does customs open your boxes from My Shipping Box

I've had about 30 items forwarded via my-shoppingbox and they have never been opened by customs or anyone else. Custom charges are included in the $25 annual fee.

Thanks for that Mike .... looks like a good way to go .... I tried to order my Flight Simulator Joystick here today and if it is not in stock I may give My-Shipping Box a try .... :thumbsup:

:cheersty:

MikeB
Posted
Posted

My-shoppingbox is good for small and light items but can be very expensive for larger, heavier items. If they classify the joy stick as a "computer" item they charge $8.50 per lb instead of the usual $5.99. And they always round up so if it's 7 lbs something they charge for 8. But I usually bite the bullet and use them rather then run around and hear the "out of stock" crap. Waiting on 2 shipments now.

• Like 1

Call me bubba
Posted
Posted
Got this shipped Via My Shopping Box - safe and sound unfortunately Amazon must have decided that it wasn't impressive enough so they added their own little touch.

I understand that your P,,,s OFF. .. as I would,

YET after looking at the small size of the Item/product and them placing it in the larger box

Just may have prevented that item from being "stolen/misplaced".

then look at that process of trying to make a claim.

what i compare this to...Is the glass half full or half empty?

jon1
Posted
Posted

What's the average shipping time? Do they deliver to your door?

deevey
Posted
Posted (edited)

MSB Shipping is appx:

7 - 10 days via air

30-40 days via sea

Yes they deliver directly to your door. 

what i compare this to...Is the glass half full or half empty?

$50+ emptier to be exact over the course of two shipments and I paid insurance   :cheersty:

Edited by deevey
  • Like 2

MikeB
Posted
Posted

My deliveries take a little longer, about 3 weeks from when My-shopping receives it, probably because I'm in the province. 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
sandwichmaker
Posted
Posted (edited)

My-shoppingbox do overcharge a bit, for shipping bulky lightweight items. I just bought a couple of orders from vitacost.com and I'm possibly about to pay $48 for shipping, half of which is probably air.  Damn, wish I had a business that charged so much to ship warehouse air !!!

Still works out cheaper than paying an extra $110 to philippines customs.  Last time I had stuff sent through a courier direct from the US, I was charged 100% of the value of the items, all broken down into fees. Not sure if it was a co-incidence that it ended up about 100% of the value or not. 

I strongly suggest people try ebay.com - I have always found ebay sellers to be the most helpful, especially if you go for a seller who is small time (high volume guys have less time to chat). So getting them to use a small box should be easy. Just make sure they have good feedback and have sold before. Over the years I've spent more on ebay than every other online retailer put together.  

Edited by sandwichmaker