Where can I find a trusted Dentistry at Manila?

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
19 hours ago, Jack Peterson said:

If it is a Lady dentist then I will leave that,

Could be both male and female at the same time.

• Haha 1
  • I'm Confused 1

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

:hystery: Each to our own EH! :whistling: not having a need for a dentist for over 15+ years I am out of Touch (pun intended:wink:)

Edited by Jack Peterson
small addition
  • Like 1

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted
16 hours ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

I recently heard from a friend in the USA.  He said the gender issue was way too complicated for him and he could no longer keep track of LGBTQ, etc, etc.  He says he now just has two classes of gender, "wienered, and non-wienered". :thumbsup:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• 2 months later...
Nickleback99
Posted
Posted

I know of a part time Expat, who both he and his wife got full implants done at dental center in newer Fairview mall 3 yrs or so back,  before heading back home to US.  He was very pleased with results.  I believe paid about $10K each.  I’ll see if can dig up the name of practice and add it later.  

• Like 1

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted
6 minutes ago, Nickleback99 said:

I believe paid about $10K each.

With my luck I would die the next day and never get my money's worth. :boohoo:

• Haha 2

Nickleback99
Posted
Posted

SM Fairview 3rd Floor

Dental Breath Therapy Clinic
Unit 106, Third Floor
Dolores S. Aldave - DMD

• Like 1

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted
On 4/30/2019 at 2:17 AM, Cool ICE-Philippines said:

I would.like to find a trusted family dentistry at Manila, what am I to.look for as far as quality service and highly regarded dental.implants?, what do I need to be careful about?, would really appreciate the feedback, thank you

I cannot now tell you a good dentist in Manila. The only one I would trust is no longer there. But I can suggest where NOT to go. I also don't remember her name, but I went to a dentist at St. Lukes in Bonifacio because I had good experiences there with other doctors. I needed a root canal. She said - oh I can do root canals and she had at least some of the proper equipment to do that. Unfortunately she did not seem to have proper experience. To make a very long story short, she botched the job and I returned to USA to get it fixed. She did so bad that my case was displayed at a seminar in Seattle to educate dentists there about the worst way to do a root canal. She punctured the tooth and missed some of the infected root. I ended up needing an implant and returned to Seattle four times from a remote Pacific Island to complete the procedure. Cost me over $10,000 including airfare surgeries, etc. Plus the St. Lukes affiliated dentist also charged me USA rates for the root canal and crown - well over $1,200...

I suggest you find an oral surgeon - even for "routine" work. Do not trust online reviews because some of them are stacked with bullshit reviews from friends, relatives or even the "dentists" themselves. Be careful and - as someone already suggested - rely more on personal referrals from friends. Do not rely on referrals from Filipinos unless you truly trust them and they are discerning. In general, it seems that most Filipinos accept proper dentistry to be yanking out aching teeth - because that is the cheapest way to fix a problem. At least that's my opinion and observation, so far. Go to a place that will take proper x-rays - many so-called dentists don't even do that...

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
12 hours ago, Tommy T. said:

Do not trust online reviews because some of them are stacked with bullshit reviews from friends, relatives or even the "dentists" themselves. Be careful and - as someone already suggested - rely more on personal referrals from friends.

Personally I think there is a lot of info online from fellow expats or long term tourists that have had good experiences with dentist. Someone who has contributed to forums for expats for many years and possibly well known in the expat community will give their experience and if they say one or two dentist in particular were good and a good price then normally they are not pulling your leg......

Teeth maybe :rolleyes:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Gary D
Posted
Posted

Just ask your neighbour, if he can't do it I bet he knows someone who thinks they can.:shades:

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted

I cannot speak for Manila, but if you want to come to Cebu City you can get good care.  Green Apple Dental Clinic located in Ayala Center.  This is where I go for twice a yearly cleaning and I also had a root canal done there two years ago.  As a bonus the welcome ladies behind the entry counter are "easy on the eyes". :whistling: