Dental Implants

Huggybearman
Posted
Posted

Depending on the severity of your tooth problem, you might not need an implant.

About five years ago I cracked a tooth, split completely in half top to bottom. I had to have it extracted and was recommended to have an implant. This was in Thailand, which cost about 50,000 Thai Baht.

I have been very happy with it with no issues at all.

About three years ago I cracked another one of my teeth and went to see my dentist here in CDO. I was expecting to have it removed and replaced with an implant, like the first. Fortunately the crack was not as severe as the first one and my dentist recommended that the tooth be rebuilt using a substance called 'Bio Dentine' which is a calcium silicate paste which hardens to re-form the tooth. It was a simple three step procedure which cost less than 5000 pesos. It has been a very cost effective, and trouble free solution which is considerably cheaper than an implant.

Google 'Bio dentine' for more information. It might just be the right solution for you.  

Ken

• Like 2

Heeb
Posted
Posted

Does anyone know how much the crowns cost in the Philippines? I've had 2 implants done here in the states for $3k each and I'm in the process of getting my third, I have the implant installed and the required waiting time for the crown to be installed, which will be another $950 with insurance, I'm wondering if these are universal and maybe I can save a few bucks by waiting until i get over there in Oct.

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

Lets understand the question.

Implants . Metal screwed into where tooth was. Fake tooth attached. My case here in the Phils maybe 7 years ago less than P5000. 

implant.jpg

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted
5 hours ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

Implants . Metal screwed into where tooth was. Fake tooth attached. My case here in the Phils maybe 7 years ago less than P5000. 

Seems like an incredibly low price.  Could you have missed a zero in that number?

• Like 1

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted
6 hours ago, Heeb said:

Does anyone know how much the crowns cost in the Philippines?

Last crown I had was 2 years ago. I had a choice of materials. Filipinos typically choose, I think porcelain? I chose some material - which name I have forgotten like so much else. But it was the latest and greatest and supposedly will last as long or longer than a natural tooth. It was right around US$900 ~ P45,000. This was at an oral surgeon, not a regular dentist, so probably more expensive because of that.

• Like 1

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted
7 minutes ago, Tommy T. said:

But it was the latest and greatest and supposedly will last as long or longer than a natural tooth.

Sounds like a zirconium alloy that can then be overlaid with porcelain?

• Thanks 1

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted
7 minutes ago, Mike J said:

Sounds like a zirconium alloy that can then be overlaid with porcelain?

Could be, but I remember there was no porcelain whatsoever in this. I am sure it is solid with no overlay.  It is natural colour (old man grey) and super hard. She demonstrated by placing a sample on her desk and she could not crush it. The porcelain sample shattered with the same test. The cheapo ones that Filipinos usually get (no disrespect intended - the porcelain ones are so much cheaper) are expected to last maybe five years? I was told years ago that gold crowns should last 10-20 years, depending on use... I have had many gold crowns last for well over 20 years now...

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, Mike J said:

Seems like an incredibly low price.  Could you have missed a zero in that number?

Nope. 

• Like 1

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted
4 minutes ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

Nope. 

Wow!!! You got a really good deal, it sounds like...

Eddie1
Posted
Posted

I had an implant done in the UK about 10 years ago, upper jaw, front center, just had to be done.  Cost was about £2,300   Same procedure as Tommy T.   Jawbone drilled, titanium post fixed in place, waited about 6 months for everything to settle down then had a crown fitted to the post.  After about 5 years the crown came loose, went back to the dentist and he made a minor repair, all sorted and good ever since.  Highly recommended in my opinion.

• Like 3