Amazon USA Shipping

craftbeerlover
Posted
Posted

wow, that has never once happened to me, and I have had a lot of deliveries from Amazon (all under the tax threshold).   You absolutely should not be paying one peso

Lee
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, craftbeerlover said:

You absolutely should not be paying one peso

Several years ago, on another MB, a poster commented that he had been charged duty by Fed Ex on an under valued, tax exempt package. After much debate it was decided that Fed Ex in the PI had simply scammed him out of money.

I recall talking to a friend of mine who works in the local PO about the situation at the time. He assured me that customs duty had to be paid at the local PO not simply collected by the delivery guy. Anyway IDK---YMMV.

In my case, I wanted the 2 books more than the 430 Php I had to pay to get them.

hk blues
Posted
Posted

Perhaps not a tax or duty as such, but every time I receive a package from overseas I have to pay a small fee - around 120php - which doesn't vary according to the value of the package contents.  And, I do get an official receipt for this payment.  

Imaginos
Posted
Posted
On 10/3/2024 at 9:49 PM, hk blues said:

Perhaps not a tax or duty as such, but every time I receive a package from overseas I have to pay a small fee - around 120php - which doesn't vary according to the value of the package contents.  And, I do get an official receipt for this payment.  

That's probably the Phil Post fee, 120 per delivery.

Lee1154
Posted
Posted
8 hours ago, Imaginos said:

Yes, I ran into that once.  I contacted the seller without satisfaction and then contacted Amazon and discussed the "free delivery".  Amazon refunded the fee.  Note that the Post Office does not even deliver to our houses here in Ormoc so they are charging for a service that they are not providing.

hk blues
Posted
Posted
13 hours ago, Imaginos said:

Yep...that's exactly what it is.

Imaginos
Posted
Posted
12 hours ago, Lee1154 said:

Yes, I ran into that once.  I contacted the seller without satisfaction and then contacted Amazon and discussed the "free delivery".  Amazon refunded the fee.  Note that the Post Office does not even deliver to our houses here in Ormoc so they are charging for a service that they are not providing.

It doesn't matter if phil Post delivers it or you pick it up at the post office. The fee is 120p.

hk blues
Posted
Posted

Totally as aside, but I wonder how mail deliveries are compensated between countries? The payment is made to the 'sending' organisation but how does the 'receiving' organisation get paid for carrying out their end of the deal?  Is it purely on a mutual basis or do they have some recharge system?  I'm talking letters, not packages.

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
21 hours ago, Imaginos said:

It doesn't matter if phil Post delivers it or you pick it up at the post office. The fee is 120p.

I have been here some 16 years 11 years in this house  I have Never had a charge levied at all and they deliver to our House. BTW the philpost Motto and Slogan is you send we  deliver

• Like 1

GeoffH
Posted
Posted

We've always had to pay a fee at the post office... 120 peso sounds about right from memory.