Sim card registration comming

baronapart
Posted
Posted

I use Google Fi here with no issues. I also have a local phone registered by my brother in law. Also, no issues. I am on BB.

hk blues
Posted
Posted

It's no more than a very minor PITA to register a SIM here, now.  On Sunday we bought a prepaid wifi modem from Globe and they registered the SIM in my wife's name in under 5 minutes, probably 2 minutes in fact.  

• Like 1

JJReyes
Posted
Posted

During our last visit, I purchased a cellular phone, and the clerk helped me with SIM registration.  Do you need to re-register after one year?  

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
12 hours ago, JJReyes said:

During our last visit, I purchased a cellular phone, and the clerk helped me with SIM registration.  Do you need to re-register after one year?  

As a tourist  Nothing is easy here as i suspect you already know this But for your information*****************

If you're a foreigner visiting the Philippines as a tourist, your registered SIM will be valid only for 30 days. To register their SIM card in the Philippines, tourists should prepare the following requirements: Passport. Return ticket to country of origin or another country.

Ziggy
Posted
Posted (edited)

Apologies if the following question has already been answered, but my bum vision may have missed it.

Since my new phone (which I bought in the States) does not have a slot for sim cards, how does the proposed bill address people with phones that do not have sim cards?

BTW: I'm a 13a person who divides my time between my homeland and the Phils.

Edited by Ziggy

Gator
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, Ziggy said:

Apologies if the following question has already been answered, but my bum vision may have missed it.

Since my new phone (which I bought in the States) does not have a slot for sim cards, how does the proposed bill address people with phones that do not have sim cards?

BTW: I'm a 13a person who divides my time between my homeland and the Phils.

My neighbor went to the Smart store and they did it for him. Only took a few minutes. If you’re going to register in your name you’ll need to bring your ACR card and proof of an address (utility bill, lease, etc). Otherwise it’ll be registered as a 30 day tourist SIM. You could also simply register it in your wife’s name. 

• Thanks 1

Gutenberg
Posted
Posted
27 minutes ago, Gator said:

My neighbor went to the Smart store and they did it for him. Only took a few minutes. If you’re going to register in your name you’ll need to bring your ACR card and proof of an address (utility bill, lease, etc). Otherwise it’ll be registered as a 30 day tourist SIM. You could also simply register it in your wife’s name. 

I don't get it. Where do you find the info about these 'Tourist' sim cards and the 30 days thing?

Checking here https://smart.com.ph/Pages/TravelSIM I see this:

Screenshot_2024-05-30_22-58-17.png

Screenshot_2024-05-30_22-59-30.png

Gator
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Gutenberg said:

I don't get it. Where do you find the info about these 'Tourist' sim cards and the 30 days thing?

Checking here https://smart.com.ph/Pages/TravelSIM I see this:

https://blog.smart.com.ph/are-tourists-foreign-nationals-required-to-register-their-sim/

IMG_0371.jpeg

Gutenberg
Posted
Posted
24 minutes ago, Gator said:

Okay, good to know. Even tough '

But Smart's entire page can't be trusted anyway, clicking on 'Contact Us' leads to 'Page not found'. Lol.

RBM
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, Gator said:

The lady in store did mine, she just said Filipino took few minutes only.