Youtube Ads

hk blues
Posted
Posted

It's pretty clear the streaming world is looking to monetise their offering through means other than their advertising partners.

I'd not be willing to pay much to get ad free content given I grew up with ads. 

As an aside,  I've noted a definite deterioration in quality of Netflix movies over the past 6 months  - probably a result of offshoots such as HBO and Disney moving their content away to their own platforms.

• Like 1

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, BrettGC said:

I just checked and in Australia it's now $16.99AUD a month. 

You need to sign up for You Tube Premium Philippines.  p159 a month for single and p239 for family.

Screenshot (1151).png

• Like 2

BrettGC
Posted
Posted
5 hours ago, hk blues said:

As an aside,  I've noted a definite deterioration in quality of Netflix movies over the past 6 months  - probably a result of offshoots such as HBO and Disney moving their content away to their own platforms.

Netflix has always used a "scattergun" approach, fire a bunch of pellets and one is bound to hit. 

Onemore52
Posted
Posted
7 hours ago, OnMyWay said:

You need to sign up for You Tube Premium Philippines.  p159 a month for single and p239 for family.

Screenshot (1151).png

I was advised before Christmas that my subscription to YouTube is going up to $23 a. Month. Yes I already have cancelled.

They are taking the piss.

BrettGC
Posted
Posted
7 hours ago, OnMyWay said:

Screenshot (1151).png

Great idea!  I thought I'd get hit by international credit card fees (my bank is good, but they're shitty in this respect to the point of gouging) but then I remembered my GPay is linked to a non-bank payment service.  I'll give the 1 month free a whirl.  

hk blues
Posted
Posted

Is You Tube Premium like Netflix I.e. you get Philippine's content? I assume not as everything is available online to anyone, anywhere is it not?

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
5 hours ago, hk blues said:

Is You Tube Premium like Netflix I.e. you get Philippine's content? I assume not as everything is available online to anyone, anywhere is it not?

No.  Most of the stuff I watch is U.S. based and nothing has changed since I started You Tube Premium PH.

Remember that the vast majority of video uploaded to You Tube are user based on their own channels.  Netflix probably has to be more careful with copyrights, etc., when allowing content by country.

• Thanks 1
  • Hmm thinking 1