NBI clearance for 13a spousal visa

MikeyD
Posted
Posted
39 minutes ago, hk blues said:

If I may say, I think you're overthinking this. 

Yes, I probably am.  I do that frequently!  :bonk:

hk blues
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, MikeyD said:

Yes, I probably am.  I do that frequently!  :bonk:

It's not the worst characteristic to have here in the Philippines. 

• Like 1

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted
17 hours ago, MikeyD said:

Have any of you guys been without your passport for 3 to 4 weeks and did you encounter any issues?

I have not had to show my passport in years but I do have a Philippine driver license.

GeoffH
Posted
Posted
19 hours ago, MikeyD said:

Have any of you guys been without your passport for 3 to 4 weeks and did you encounter any issues?

Only once and that was during the peak of the war at Marawi.  We were driving back from Ozamis to Cagayan De Oro, the army were manning the check points and they were VERY annoyed that I didn't have my passport with me.  I thought we weren't going to get through the check point.

Next trip, a couple of weeks later, I took it and they examined it very very closely.

That was special circumstances though, we were only about 50km from the front, with army vehicles lined up and helicopters going overhead.

IMO you're unlikely to have trouble.

• 2 months later...
Balisidar
Posted
Posted
On 1/17/2024 at 8:52 AM, Gator said:

Could have worse. Be thankful your last name isn’t Jackson or it could have read:

Bleached white male; pedophile; deceased?

Could even be worse.  My wife and I had to keep arguing with them that my middle name was Wayne.  They just couldn't understand that Americans do middle names differently than in the Philippines.  A supervisor finally came over and said to accept it.😂

• Haha 1

jimeve
Posted
Posted
7 hours ago, earthdome said:

My middle name is Lee. When applying for marriage license I was asked several times if my mother was chinese! 

Now that's funny Bruce.

• Haha 2

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted

My name is very common in the USA.  Last name second most common, first name number one.  When I went to get my 13A I ended up being questioned by a detective as there is someone with my name who has quite a rap sheet and is wanted in connection with a homicide.  

• Like 2

earthdome
Posted
Posted
21 hours ago, jimeve said:

Now that's funny Bruce.

If only. Been thinking about a personal trainer to get this dad body in shape. Hasn't helped yet.

• Haha 2