Baguio is now a terrible destination

stevewool
Posted
Posted
41 minutes ago, Gator said:

Yeah, we like flush toilets 🚽, aircon, hot water showers and not having to use soap on a rope :nudie::hystery:

And BBQs 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

craftbeerlover
Posted
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, hk blues said:

Are you guys really all that different from the rest of us foreigners here? :89:

I missed that on my first read, hahaha no I dont think so.    Was kind of a weird statement.   I guess if he lives on hot dogs, mcdonalds and steak there maybe a case to me made, however...

Edited by craftbeerlover
  • Like 1

graham59
Posted
Posted
44 minutes ago, stevewool said:

And BBQs 

And hearing aids...judging by all the shouting they do. mocking.gif

• Like 1

MikeyD
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, MikeyD said:

Any great hotels or restaurants in/around Baguio, especially for foreigners, specifically Americans? 

OK, sorry for the "specifically Americans" comment.  I was thinking of food more than anything else, I have not adjusted well to Filipino food or Filipino versions of foreign food.  I think I'm just missing some of the foods from back home.  If all else fails, I may have to take up cooking again, but then I wouldn't be able to complain about the food!.  :smile: 

• Like 3

stevewool
Posted
Posted
29 minutes ago, MikeyD said:

OK, sorry for the "specifically Americans" comment.  I was thinking of food more than anything else,   :smile: 

I thought this could be a great new thread , but for fun only 

gbmmbg
Posted
Posted
5 hours ago, hk blues said:

Are you guys really all that different from the rest of us foreigners here? :89:

Yes,,,,Yes we are:6::bonk::bash:...lol

earthdome
Posted
Posted
13 hours ago, Possum said:

We considered a trip to Baguio too but we're now looking at a late fall/winter trip to Kyoto. Very little more money and less time to get there considering the road trip. Bonus for my wife is the possibility of snow. Another alternative we are thinking about in Philippines is Vigan City by way of Laong airport and a shorter bus ride.

We stayed in Vigan for our honeymoon. Nice little city that still has the old spanish architecture. We stayed in a beautiful boutique hotel in a former spanish mansion. Huge rooms with a bed so large me asawa  disappeared in it. Worth a visit.

• Like 3

BrettGC
Posted
Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, earthdome said:

We stayed in Vigan for our honeymoon. Nice little city that still has the old spanish architecture. We stayed in a beautiful boutique hotel in a former spanish mansion. Huge rooms with a bed so large me asawa  disappeared in it. Worth a visit.

We loved Vigan and actually extended our stay there a few days when we visited in 2019.  A lot of history and the surrounding areas are beautiful. We stayed in a similar sort of place. 

Edited by BrettGC
  • Like 2

MotorSarge
Posted
Posted
13 hours ago, stevewool said:

Yeah, we like flush toilets 🚽

Is that with or without the seat....:cheersty:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2