New Passport Transfer

Lee
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, Mike J said:

I ask that question when I did an annual report.  The answer he gave was when you exit the country take both passports and the the stamps will entered in the new passport.  I have not exited the country since I received my new passport so cannot verify that it actually works that way.

Wife and I are going out of the country next month.

Will report back if BI does indeed puts a 13A stamp in my new passport.

Freebie
Posted
Posted

For those on the SRRV visa, I was in their office recently and asked how long the process was to transfer the visa page/stamp in an old passport to new passport. 2 months minimum Sir was answer. Said with a smile as though this was something amazing.

I asked a couple Immigration officers including a supervisor at airport what I should do. Just keep both passports and you will have no problems was his reply.

• Like 1

craftbeerlover
Posted
Posted
19 minutes ago, Freebie said:

For those on the SRRV visa, I was in their office recently and asked how long the process was to transfer the visa page/stamp in an old passport to new passport. 2 months minimum Sir was answer. Said with a smile as though this was something amazing.

I asked a couple Immigration officers including a supervisor at airport what I should do. Just keep both passports and you will have no problems was his reply.

That is what I did.   I do plan on going back and getting the visa stamp on my new passport though.   Note:  I did use the old passport with the stamp, along with the new passport, and had no issues entering the country. 

• Like 4

craftbeerlover
Posted
Posted
On 1/27/2024 at 4:05 PM, hk blues said:

even consulates and embassies no longer provide a passport service for UK citizens, everyone has to send their passport to the UK for renewal.  

Wow, that is surprising.  

hk blues
Posted
Posted
52 minutes ago, craftbeerlover said:

Wow, that is surprising.  

It's been the case for years. 

On the other hand, the whole application/renewal process is online and it's simply a matter of posting off the old passport so It's really not an issue.

craftbeerlover
Posted
Posted
Just now, hk blues said:

It's been the case for years. 

On the other hand, the whole application/renewal process is online and it's simply a matter of posting off the old passport so It's really not an issue.

ahhhhhh yes, doing things online.  I have been here so long, sometimes I forget how far behind the times we are.  

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

SixString
Posted
Posted

Someone in a vlog (forgot where) mentioned that BI will soon force 13a visa holders to transfer arrival and 13a stamp to current passport for the yearly annual report. Bringing both current and expired passports as a work around may not work next year. So....I ask in the BI office in Dumaguete; they said yes, the change is coming, but not officially announced yet. I guess that means 'maybe' for next January?  Dunno.....JRC services two doors down said pretty much the same thing. Hoping they don't change policy.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• 1 month later...
Balisidar
Posted
Posted
On 6/26/2024 at 10:08 AM, Lee said:

Wife and I are going out of the country next month.

Will report back if BI does indeed puts a 13A stamp in my new passport.

Any news on this Lee?  Or are you not back yet?😀

Lee
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Balisidar said:

Any news on this Lee? 

When I got my exit clearance from my local BI before I left, they put the stamp in my new passport.

• Like 2
  • Love it 1

• 2 weeks later...
P_X
Posted
Posted

I was about to make a thread of my own in regards to this subject, as I also have to transfer my entry stamp into my new passport. 

I'm in tourist visa only.

I was told at cebu BI, that all I need is my old and new passport when I go to Manila BI. This was said to me by an officer AND a foreigner who had just done it recently. 

BUT, if you search Google it gives a checklist of multiple requirements. 

I'd hate to fly all the way to Manila and get turned away because I don't have everything I  need.  

So I figured I'd ask here and get some clarification. 

Thanks dudes