New Passport Transfer

Lee
Posted
Posted
8 hours ago, P_X said:

was told at cebu BI, that all I need is my old and new passport when I go to Manila BI.

I would try to do this in Cebu before going to Manila.

If it doesn't work out in one office in Cebu then I would try another. Every office seems to do things differently.

• Like 1

Lee
Posted
Posted
10 hours ago, P_X said:

I was told at cebu BI, that all I need is my old and new passport when I go to Manila BI.

Final thought.

Before going anywhere I would consult Ramon who is/was a BI employee.

He is a big guy---appears to be a foreigner----who speaks a few languages fluently and used to work at the front desk as you entered BI at J Centre in Cebu.

J Centre is closed now I believe but I'm sure that Ramon is still working somewhere at a BI office in Cebu. I would do as he suggests.

P_X
Posted
Posted
41 minutes ago, Lee said:

Final thought.

He is a big guy---appears to be a foreigner----who speaks a few languages fluently and used to work at the front desk as you entered BI at J Centre in Cebu.

J Centre is closed now I believe but I'm sure that Ramon is still working somewhere at a BI office in Cebu. I would do as he suggests.

Thanks for taking the time.  

According to everything I've read, watched, heard directly from others.  You have only two options.  Pay a service to handle it, or go to Manila. Service costs way more than if I flew there with hotel and everything.  

hk blues
Posted
Posted
4 hours ago, P_X said:

Thanks for taking the time.  

According to everything I've read, watched, heard directly from others.  You have only two options.  Pay a service to handle it, or go to Manila. Service costs way more than if I flew there with hotel and everything.  

How much is the service, out of interest? 

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted (edited)
22 hours ago, Lee said:

Is he the chubby guy, seemed to always wear black clothing?  Always helpful and I never saw him lose his temper, even when some folks would get angry and/or abusive.

Edited by Mike J

Lee
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, Mike J said:

Is he the chubby guy, seemed to always wear black clothing? 

Ramon really can't be missed----he's the only foreigner (westerner) that you might ever see working at a Philippine BI office.

P_X
Posted
Posted
On 8/27/2024 at 2:14 PM, hk blues said:

How much is the service, out of interest? 

My friend paid 16k.  Unfortunately since he used them, he doesn't know what (if any) other things they needed.  He just paid and didn't really care to pay attention to the details. 

I got round trip tickets for 1700, hotel for 4 days at 4k. And I won't eat more than 2k. And I guess the stamp cost 1k from what I can discern from online stuff. 

So I'm looking at ₽8700 plus taxi to and from airport.  I'm staying less than a km from the bi office so I'll just walk. I save about $120 or so. MAYBE $150 depending on what I eat. Which will probably just be carindaria 

Not bad plus I get a mini vacation and catch up with a buddy I haven't seen in 13 years.  Should be cool as long as I'm successful in getting the stamp 😂 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted

On the topic of passport renewal, can I ask a favor?  I sent mine to the the Manila Embassy about 3 weeks ago.  LBC shows it delivered next day.

I'm trying to track it on the passport tracking website, which is the second link below.

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/passports/need-passport/status.html

https://passportstatus.state.gov/

But the site has not worked for the 2 weeks that I have been trying.  Can someone try it and let me know if it works for you?  Seems odd that has been down so long and I am thinking it might be something at my end.

Thanks!

Possum
Posted
Posted
Just now, OnMyWay said:

But the site has not worked for the 2 weeks that I have been trying.  Can someone try it and let me know if it works for you?  Seems odd that has been down so long and I am thinking it might be something at my end.

It's not you. It didn't work for me either. I just got surprised one day by Air21 delivering my daughter's new passport and returning mine because of "signatures not matched"

• Like 1

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
20 minutes ago, Possum said:

It's not you. It didn't work for me either. I just got surprised one day by Air21 delivering my daughter's new passport and returning mine because of "signatures not matched"

Thanks for checking!

I'm not really concerned, but it would be nice to know that it is in the U.S. being processed.