Citi Hardware

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, hk blues said:

Sounds like you're doing it yourself  - that's a wise choice IMHO.

No, not at all.  My tiling days are long gone.  I don't mind buying some tools, insist they use them and try to do the best job possible.

We sent him this video.  My wife is worried he might be insulted.

Gator
Posted
Posted

3 hours ago, OnMyWay said:

Funny you said that, as I was just thinking about them for tiling needs!  I wonder if they rent higher end tools like a wet saw?  They only time I saw a wet saw being used was next door.  A counter top guy was sawing granite countertops with one, so they much be available somewhere.

Maybe check if they have a scoring tool.  I found a Total brand for 3200 but I think it was only up to 600.  Ingco has 600 and 800.  I like the Ingco tools.  Seems like better quality than the other Chinese stuff.  I think they carry Ingco at Dau Agri but not the full line like the Ingco stores.

Also, maybe you know or can ask.  Will a scoring tool rated to 600 actually do the full cut on a 600 tile?  I'm going to use some 30 X 60 ceramic in the CR's.

Sorry Don, other than offset grinders and wheels for them they don’t carry any tools for installing tile. They do have 3,4 and 7” diamond tipped blades IMG_0182.jpegIMG_0189.jpeg

IMG_0190.jpeg

IMG_0187.jpeg

1k pesos for the Ingco brand. Bosch and Makita = 3,500 pesos. There are several other brands of both grinders and blades available as well  

• Like 1

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
13 minutes ago, Gator said:

Sorry Don, other than offset grinders and wheels for them they don’t carry any tools for installing tile. They do have 3,4 and 7” diamond tipped blades IMG_0182.jpegIMG_0189.jpeg

IMG_0190.jpeg

IMG_0187.jpeg

1k pesos for the Ingco brand. Bosch and Makita = 3,500 pesos. There are several other brands of both grinders and blades available as well  

Thanks!  My workers have a grinder and I have a Stanley grinder they can use too.  Those blade prices are similar to what I see on Lazada.  Lazada also has some really cheap one that are probably no good.  I think I am going to run done to my local Ingco store and take a look around.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
OnMyWay
Posted
Posted (edited)

Finally made it to the brand new Citi Hardware in Hermosa.  Very big and nice.  I just did a quick walk thru but did not buy anything.  Compared to Wilcon. they seem to have a bigger selection of some things, and more contractor oriented big tools and equipment.  Wilcon has a much larger selection of tiles.

Edited by OnMyWay
  • Like 1

RBM
Posted
Posted
On 2/23/2024 at 11:32 AM, Tommy T. said:

That's fine, thank you. You did not make that clear before so it was easy to misinterpret your comment. In that case, I apologize.

Tommy my own perhaps limited experience mirrors what Lee said exactly. Be it grocery item's, hardware what ever, when one store is out I no longer try others as experience tells me out of stock.

This is here in Bacolod.

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted (edited)
On 4/16/2024 at 8:13 AM, RBM said:

my own perhaps limited experience mirrors what Lee said exactly. Be it grocery item's, hardware what ever, when one store is out I no longer try others as experience tells me out of stock.

Here in Davao, that is not always the case. However it really helps to have a car or a fair bit of cash for taxi rides (or you can hunch over in jeepneys?) to check out the three biggest hardware stores here. Same goes for grocery items. Between S & R, SM and NCCC, I can find most items I seek most of the time. Of course, there are exceptions - I wonder whatever happened to "Tasty" cheese? - but generally you are right that most stores stock exactly the same things because that appears to be all that is available or all that most people buy? Don't know the answer to that.

I will edit this message here:

I forgot to mention that there are a number of "specialty" stores that sell various items from hardware to food. But I found that local knowledge is the best information and - as mentioned in other threads - having a photo on your cell phone is so much better than asking someone for something by conversation. I.e. if you ask for bleach, nobody knows what you are talking about.... but if you ask for Zonrox, everyone in the country knows what that is... they just don't know that it is a brand name for bleach!

Edited by Tommy T.
  • Like 1

GeoffH
Posted
Posted
On 4/17/2024 at 10:51 AM, Tommy T. said:

I wonder whatever happened to "Tasty" cheese? - but generally you are right that most stores stock exactly the same things because that appears to be all that is available or all that most people buy?

Tasty cheese wasn't available in Cagayan De Oro... then it was, and we both loved it.

Then suddenly it wasn't on the shelves any more... 

* sad face *

• Sad 1