Gotyme Bank

RBM
Posted
Posted
On 6/17/2024 at 3:03 PM, fillipino_wannabe said:

Most of the traditional banks will offer much higher rates than they publish for time deposits if you're a 'preferred' client. My wife got offered 5% for 90 day time deposits, then ended up nearly 6% because the bank manager wanted her to change her registered branch.

Great advise, cheers.

Asked BPI if they could match rate of East West, to my surprise they managed this so went with them.

• Like 4

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, RBM said:

Great advise, cheers.

Asked BPI if they could match rate of East West, to my surprise they managed this so went with them.

Can you share the details?  I might do that.

RBM
Posted
Posted
On 6/20/2024 at 2:09 PM, OnMyWay said:

Can you share the details?  I might do that.

What details? Just walk into your bank. Ask for investment manager, ask can you match this rate.....East West Bank offered me.....That's it.

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, RBM said:

What details? Just walk into your bank. Ask for investment manager, ask can you match this rate.....East West Bank offered me.....That's it.

Rate and term

RBM
Posted
Posted
20 hours ago, OnMyWay said:

Rate and term

4.07 at east west,  4 at BPI neither very attractive as subject to 20% with holding tax how ever options limited. In NZ can obtain over 7% tax free. Problem is the complications should I pass over hence the little nest egg is slowly coming over.....Ha Ha

• Like 1