3 years old birthday party

stevewool
Posted
Posted

Just seen some pictures of a party for a 3 year old kid and I’m thinking what the hell and how much did that cost , yes it’s got nothing to do with me , it’s not my relation not my money I’m not a guest either , not to sure about kiddies eating all that food ,balloons , a couple of clowns , more balloons , a mini disco , number 3 giant  balloon , face painting , more balloons and strings of lights everywhere , puts all my kids birthday parties to shame no wonder they call me a tight git 

• Like 3

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

We occasionally see the same behavior here Steve.

To be fair it's not only Filipinos that do this but is common in the Filipino community. My wife has been to a number of these events some costing many thousands of dollars.

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted

Birthdays celebrations here start at age one.  Much money is spent for food, decorations, entertainment, clowns, music systems, etc.  A bit more odd, in my opinion, is that birthdays are continued to be celebrated even after death!  So then there is celebration for both the date of birth AND a celebration for the date of death.  The annual celebration for the death date is not the annual all souls or annual all saints day, it happens on the anniversary of the death.  The Filipinos do indeed love to celebrate and do feasting.   Not a bad thing and it adds joy to lives.  I love to be with a group of Filipinos who are having a feast, there is so much happiness and laughter.  Amazing to see young children put away three times or more the amount of food that I can. 

• Thanks 1
  • Love it 1

JJReyes
Posted
Posted

The big celebration in Hawaii is one year old.  It dates back to the time when many babies did not survive their first year.  

Wealthy families in the Philippines have to prepare three sets of food.  The first is for the children, the second is for mothers and relatives accompanying the children, and the third is for the maids, drivers and bodyguards who are part of the children's entourage.  

• Like 2