I pay to be hosted anywhere in Dasmarinas, Cavite.

f5m9v6
Posted
Posted
29 minutes ago, Gutenberg said:

I am using AirBNBs a lot in the EU and many times it's just a room in an apartment or house and it's mostly a good experience but you are looking for room for 2 EUR per day. Are you sure you converted it correctly? Maybe you mean 20 EUR per day?

I am a nice guy and would let you sleep in a tent on my lawn for 2 EUR/day + 5 EUR per single bathroom usage. :laugh:

For 5EUR total, i accept sleeping on the tent plus a quick shower :smile:

Gutenberg
Posted
Posted
1 minute ago, f5m9v6 said:

For 5EUR total, i accept sleeping on the tent plus a quick shower :smile:

Hmm, I didn't want to make false promises; the house with the lawn is in Germany and my parents are still occupying it. :laugh:

Anyway, it seems you are serious about this so I wish you good luck and I hope you can find a cheap room!

• Love it 1

f5m9v6
Posted
Posted
23 minutes ago, Gutenberg said:

Hmm, I didn't want to make false promises; the house with the lawn is in Germany and my parents are still occupying it. :laugh:

Anyway, it seems you are serious about this so I wish you good luck and I hope you can find a cheap room!

are you in ph?
which city. r u enjoying?

Gutenberg
Posted
Posted
1 minute ago, f5m9v6 said:

are you in ph?
which city. r u enjoying?

In 30 days I will be there. :Happy:

Never been there before. I will travel around for 4-5 months and then either make a decision to stay there more permanently or go directly to Thailand.

I have some issues about the AirBNBs prices as well. It's like 10-20% higher than in EU/Thailand. 500 EUR a month gives you a shack regardless where in the Phillipines while in Thailand I can have first sea line in a nice, modern condo. It gets better on 1 year contracts, but it's still more expensive.

f5m9v6
Posted
Posted
38 minutes ago, Gutenberg said:

In 30 days I will be there. :Happy:

Never been there before. I will travel around for 4-5 months and then either make a decision to stay there more permanently or go directly to Thailand.

I have some issues about the AirBNBs prices as well. It's like 10-20% higher than in EU/Thailand. 500 EUR a month gives you a shack regardless where in the Phillipines while in Thailand I can have first sea line in a nice, modern condo. It gets better on 1 year contracts, but it's still more expensive.

in thailand english is not a 2nd language like in ph.
that's the issue...

f5m9v6
Posted
Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, Old55 said:

f5m9v6, welcome to the forum that's quite the first post. :popcorn: Please feel free to ask questions you may be gently teased but we are here to help.

Although there's nothing wrong with being frugal. If you are exceptionally tight on cash perhaps it would be best to save up more before moving? Having at least 10K euro as an emergency back up in addition to more than 5K euro for settling in expenses would be a good plan.

This is important..... You DO NOT want to move to Philippines broke. There are no safety nets or charity to save broke foreigners.

Noted. Thanks a lot for mentioning that.
Indeed important :smile:

Edited by f5m9v6

GeoffH
Posted
Posted

You could rent a clean concrete type pad in Cagayan De Oro for around 2500 peso a month (long term) as long as your ok living without AC and having only cold water for washing.

Eating like a local you could feed yourself for 3000 peso a month and using tricycles and jeepneys transport yourself for maybe 1000 peso a month.

Your visa expenses (tourist) will be around ummm... 30000 a year from memory?  So abut 2500 a month average over the year.

400 peso a month for phone SIM with limited internet (assuming you already have a phone).

So in theory it's possible to survive on around 10000 peso a month.

That leaves a whole 600 peso a month spare if anything goes wrong (eventually it will)... NOT ideal (many people live that way here but most of them aren't westerners).

f5m9v6
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, GeoffH said:

You could rent a clean concrete type pad in Cagayan De Oro for around 2500 peso a month (long term) as long as your ok living without AC and having only cold water for washing.

Eating like a local you could feed yourself for 3000 peso a month and using tricycles and jeepneys transport yourself for maybe 1000 peso a month.

Your visa expenses (tourist) will be around ummm... 30000 a year from memory?  So abut 2500 a month average over the year.

400 peso a month for phone SIM with limited internet (assuming you already have a phone).

So in theory it's possible to survive on around 10000 peso a month.

That leaves a whole 600 peso a month spare if anything goes wrong (eventually it will)... NOT ideal (many people live that way here but most of them aren't westerners).

clean concrete, means completely empty right?

i can get better price in dasmarinas/cavite, which will translate to a better property in general.
for 8k month i should get something decent, semi furnished.

• Like 1

GeoffH
Posted
Posted
4 hours ago, f5m9v6 said:

clean concrete, means completely empty right?

i can get better price in dasmarinas/cavite, which will translate to a better property in general.
for 8k month i should get something decent, semi furnished.

I was talking about 2k to 2.5k per month (not per week) and yes clean concrete means with tiles, painted and basic fittings (taps and cr) but no furniture.

With basic furniture expect to pay 4k per month on the outskirts of CDO.