I pay to be hosted anywhere in Dasmarinas, Cavite.

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted (edited)

I will just say that this member is totally out of touch with reality or does not understand how things work financially and internationally.

Sure, there are super cheap places to stay in some areas, but you get virtually nothing except a place to sleep and a cr access. Personally, I think the OP should either consider not coming to PI or to reconsider his plans if already here.... Just my thoughts...

>An aside here... yesterday I used an ATM to get a bit of cash here... Today I see the rate was $177 per 10,000 pesos. That's a hell of a good rate...<

Edited by Tommy T.
  • Like 5

Clermont
Posted
Posted
On 5/1/2024 at 9:16 AM, f5m9v6 said:

clean concrete, means completely empty right?

i can get better price in dasmarinas/cavite, which will translate to a better property in general.
for 8k month i should get something decent, semi furnished.

Sorry mate but someone’s having a lend of you, in the Cavite area you will only get a squatters place for that sort of Pesos and you’ll be bedding with cockroaches, no furniture and lucky to have your own amenities and water. If your frugal as you write, Thailand might be your best bet mate.

• Like 5

• Forum Support
scott h
Posted
Posted
19 hours ago, Tommy T. said:

I will just say that this member is totally out of touch

Living close to the airport here in Manila, I see a few of these types every so often, just wandering the streets, looking unkempt (and unhappy). 

manofthecoldland
Posted
Posted

It seems to me that the OP is looking for something more like a 'couch surfing' situation, with a host. 

Since simply getting a 'bed space' bunk, for nominal cost would amount to something similar.... a place to sleep, shower, etc...... why not just do what other locals who are financially challenged do, and go to a bed spacer ?

• Like 1

Guest Artimas
Posted
Posted

Something smells here :shades:

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted
4 minutes ago, Artimas said:

Something smells here :shades:

Not necessarily, but you make a good point we don't know anything about the gentleman.

My wife and I would not be at all comfortable having a total stranger living in our home.

• Like 4

Gutenberg
Posted
Posted (edited)
14 hours ago, Old55 said:

My wife and I would not be at all comfortable having a total stranger living in our home.

I am currently living in a house with an entire family which I have never seen before, booked on Airbnb. I have a room on the 3rd floor without anybody else on that level and have my own bathroom but everything else is 'shared' (stairs, front door, lawn) and sometimes I see one of them and sometimes we have a small talk.

It's not uncommon to offer rooms in apartments/houses. So far I have booked more than 50 different rooms all over Europe on Airbnb and it has been a pleasant experience most of the time. However, I never booked a room where the host is a female as I am uncomfortable with it.

It's a good way to connect to people in different cities and sometimes the hosts are so extrovert that they invited me to parties or a drink to have a chat, and so on. It gives a bit feeling of being part of a society.

But, while writing this,... I would never book a shared apartment in the Phillipines or outside of my cultural background and also generally never sleep in hostels.

Edited by Gutenberg
  • Like 2

hk blues
Posted
Posted
On 5/4/2024 at 10:11 AM, Old55 said:

Likewise but it's the business model that Airbnb was built on albeit it's grown into something quite different. 

• Like 1

Snowy79
Posted
Posted
12 hours ago, Gutenberg said:

I am currently living in a house with an entire family which I have never seen before, booked on Airbnb. I have a room on the 3rd floor without anybody else on that level and have my own bathroom but everything else is 'shared' (stairs, front door, lawn) and sometimes I see one of them and sometimes we have a small talk.

It's not uncommon to offer rooms in apartments/houses. So far I have booked more than 50 different rooms all over Europe on Airbnb and it has been a pleasant experience most of the time. However, I never booked a room where the host is a female as I am uncomfortable with it.

It's a good way to connect to people in different cities and sometimes the hosts are so extrovert that they invited me to parties or a drink to have a chat, and so on. It gives a bit feeling of being part of a society.

But, while writing this,... I would never book a shared apartment in the Phillipines or outside of my cultural background and also generally never sleep in hostels.

This reminds me of an apartment I booked on Boracay about 6 yrs ago. A beautiful apartment up Mount Luho with an open plan kitchen/living room and ensuite bedroom. Additionally there was one other room that was locked when I entered. It was at the top of Luho with amazing views and a large glass front with no one overlooking. 

I'm in the habit of once settled just walking around naked. On the second day I'm stood at the kitchen sink fortunately wearing boxers this time when I hear a "Good morning" from behind me. I turn around and there's some 6ft tall extremely fit German woman just stood there. It transpired that the locked room was her bedroom and she was renting out the rest of the property as shared. 

• Haha 2
  • Hmm thinking 1

Gutenberg
Posted
Posted
15 minutes ago, Snowy79 said:

This reminds me of an apartment I booked on Boracay about 6 yrs ago. A beautiful apartment up Mount Luho with an open plan kitchen/living room and ensuite bedroom. Additionally there was one other room that was locked when I entered. It was at the top of Luho with amazing views and a large glass front with no one overlooking. 

I'm in the habit of once settled just walking around naked. On the second day I'm stood at the kitchen sink fortunately wearing boxers this time when I hear a "Good morning" from behind me. I turn around and there's some 6ft tall extremely fit German woman just stood there. It transpired that the locked room was her bedroom and she was renting out the rest of the property as shared. 

Unfortunately or fortunately. :laugh:

I have booked a month in Boracay and I didn't read the fine print of the rental and the host is talking about puppies in the backyard and the location is shown on "Malay" instead on the island but he assured me it's on the island. Can't cancel anymore anyway; I am so used to hosts allowing me to cancel until basically the last 30 days for free and in the PH it seems 48h is standard. And then, on top, I discovered that there is a real rainy season in Philippines instead of the fake rainy season in Thailand.

That's gonna be an interesting month :laugh: