Topping up national insurance, pension

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted (edited)

Please let's remember that this  about Ems ( Steves Wife) and as a Filipino Female there is more to it Than I tend to think any Of us realize considering the amount of time she has been in the UK and Working

Sorry Steve But................................ we all need to be singing of the same Hymn sheet. :tiphat:

Just a thought I was never aware of ************************

Does every UK citizen get a pension?

You can claim the new State Pension when you reach State Pension age if you have at least 10 years of National Insurance contributions and are: a man born on or after 6 April 1951. a woman born on or after 6 April 1953. *******
Edited by Jack Peterson

hk blues
Posted
Posted
6 minutes ago, Jack Peterson said:

Please let's remember that this  about Ems ( Steves Wife) and as a Filipino Female there is more to it Than I tend to think any Of us realize considering the amount of time she has been in the UK and Working

Sorry Steve But................................ we all need to be singing of the same Hymn sheet. :tiphat:

You can claim the new State Pension when you reach State Pension age if you have at least 10 years of National Insurance contributions and are: a man born on or after 6 April 1951. a woman born on or after 6 April 1953. *******

Steve's partner's nationality and gender are irrelevant as long as she meets the minimum 10 years contributions and age requirement.

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
Just now, hk blues said:

Steve's partner's nationality and gender are irrelevant as long as she meets the minimum 10 years contributions and age requirement.

Over to you then

:shades: We will see what happens next:popcorn:

hk blues
Posted
Posted
1 minute ago, Jack Peterson said:

Over to you then

:shades: We will see what happens next:popcorn:

Huh...you yourself have quoted the exact same thing in your post! :89:

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

I certainly Did

• I'm Confused 1

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

Don't be confused HK, Steve is under the impression she needs 12, I was just pointing out she only needs 10, I doubt she would be able to buy back enough time to go the whole Hog but what do I know :ohmy:

jimeve
Posted
Posted

Wife has 10 years NI under her belt, so she will get 10% from the full pension whatever that is? Plus she will get a SSS pension when she's 60.

• Like 1

stevewool
Posted
Posted
4 hours ago, Jack Peterson said:

Yes she has got the 10 full years there is just another 2 years that she has underpaid making 12 years in total , that I was thinking of topping up 

hk blues
Posted
Posted (edited)
12 hours ago, stevewool said:

Yes she has got the 10 full years there is just another 2 years that she has underpaid making 12 years in total , that I was thinking of topping up 

Based on the below, It seems buying just 2 years wouldn't be worth it until your partner was able to claim for 6 years or so -

"Just one qualifying year of NI at the standard rate of £824.20 adds £5.29 a week, or £275.08 a year, to your pre-tax state pension. It’s therefore worth it as long as you live at least three years after getting your pension".

Edited by hk blues
  • Like 1

Cola Cubes
Posted
Posted

INFO:  Unusually, there is a rare opportunity right now to pay up to 18 years of back NI contributions instead of the usual limit of 6.  This window closes in April next year. I`m grabbing it.

• Like 1