Driver license renewal

jimeve
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, craftbeerlover said:

Holy mother of God that line was long.... will try again tomorrow when they first open.  In the meantime I can mentally prepare myself for a long day

Is there a seniors line? There is in Dumaguete I went very early to avoid any long lines and asked the guard for seniors line.

• Like 2

craftbeerlover
Posted
Posted
12 minutes ago, jimeve said:

Is there a seniors line? There is in Dumaguete I went very early to avoid any long lines and asked the guard for seniors line.

I am sure there is, I will proceed to that line tomorrow.   Fortunately it is in an air conditioned building, shouldnt be so bad

• Like 1

Freebie
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, craftbeerlover said:

Holy mother of God that line was long.... will try again tomorrow when they first open.  In the meantime I can mentally prepare myself for a long day

Rule of thumb for LTO.. get there EARLY.... One in Ayala used to open at 8am. I would be there 7.15 and usually a few were  already there.

• Like 1

craftbeerlover
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Freebie said:

Rule of thumb for LTO.. get there EARLY.... One in Ayala used to open at 8am. I would be there 7.15 and usually a few were  already there.

It was so painless and easy before, but its for 10 years, so that is a good thing

• 2 weeks later...
craftbeerlover
Posted
Posted

I went to the LTO office today to inquire about license renewal, and they gave me a piece of paper to register and take an online test. (lto portal)

They did have two youtube videos for test review.  The first one was about 2 and a half hours long.  After about 12 minutes I said to myself,  ummmm this is not going to happen, so I proceeded directly to the exam.   I felt reasonably confident I would pass the multiple choice questions with out any problem,  expecting that the test was going to cover actual driving scenarios etc...   There was not one question that had anything to do with actual driving, not one.  If it wasnt for google, I may not have passed.   Will bring my test results to the LTO office and see what happens next.

• Like 1

craftbeerlover
Posted
Posted

I forgot to add, the registration asks for your ACR number.  I have a SRRV, and that did not work, however, if you delete the hyphen and add zero's to the end of your SRRV number to equal 11 digits, it will allow you to proceed. 

• Like 1

hk blues
Posted
Posted
15 hours ago, craftbeerlover said:

I went to the LTO office today to inquire about license renewal, and they gave me a piece of paper to register and take an online test. (lto portal)

They did have two youtube videos for test review.  The first one was about 2 and a half hours long.  After about 12 minutes I said to myself,  ummmm this is not going to happen, so I proceeded directly to the exam.   I felt reasonably confident I would pass the multiple choice questions with out any problem,  expecting that the test was going to cover actual driving scenarios etc...   There was not one question that had anything to do with actual driving, not one.  If it wasnt for google, I may not have passed.   Will bring my test results to the LTO office and see what happens next.

I hear you - despite what some have said I did not find the test particularly easy as it covered a lot of stuff not really related to driving a car. I passed but did a fair bit of revision beforehand. 

• Like 3

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, hk blues said:

I hear you - despite what some have said I did not find the test particularly easy as it covered a lot of stuff not really related to driving a car. I passed but did a fair bit of revision beforehand. 

When I took the test at the LTO office several months ago, I found it was difficult for exactly what you just posted. Questions about motorcycle storage boxes and other things having nothing to do with driving.  The good part was that I could take the test over and over again until I passed it! I think I took it 5 times before I somehow squeaked by. Many of the questions were repeated on each test, so I simply changed some of my answers about things I knew nothing about, just to get a chance to pass.... and that strategy worked!

• Like 3

Possum
Posted
Posted

The written test uses the same thinking as the road test which consisted of driving around a parking lot at the LTO office. Actual practical driving knowledge is not a requirement before being issued a license to drive. :hystery:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

craftbeerlover
Posted
Posted
4 hours ago, hk blues said:

after you passed the online test, did you also have to take a test at the LTO office?