Driver license renewal

Gator
Posted
Posted

Father in law renewed his license last week at the Dumaguete LTO office. Was in and out with a plastic license in just under 2 hours. Half of that time was waiting for the eye exam. Our 16 year old niece did the online test for him 🤣

• Haha 1

craftbeerlover
Posted
Posted
21 minutes ago, Gator said:

Father in law renewed his license last week at the Dumaguete LTO office. Was in and out with a plastic license in just under 2 hours. Half of that time was waiting for the eye exam. Our 16 year old niece did the online test for him 🤣

they accepted the online test?  They would not do that here

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted
14 hours ago, craftbeerlover said:

No idea why that took so long as I was number 2 in line. 

You had to wait because the doctor who did not give you the exam was late to work.  Even with no exam the signature is required.  No joke, based on my experience when wife and I got our extensions. 

craftbeerlover
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Mike J said:

You had to wait because the doctor who did not give you the exam was late to work.  Even with no exam the signature is required.  No joke, based on my experience when wife and I got our extensions. 

Well, I may have exaggerated the truth.   I wear glasses and she asked me to take off my glasses and read the letters.  I told her I cannot see the letters.   I put my glasses back on and the examination was done

• Like 1

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted
2 minutes ago, craftbeerlover said:

Well, I may have exaggerated the truth.   I wear glasses and she asked me to take off my glasses and read the letters.  I told her I cannot see the letters.   I put my glasses back on and the examination was done

I have been here 11 years.  Initial license and two, maybe three, renewals.  Initial license - I am sitting at the desk in front of the doctor.  The eye chart was on the wall beside the desk and a color vision test lying open on the desk.   There is also blood pressure equipment on her desk.  This is the MOST COMPLETE "driver physical" required by LTO that I have experienced.  Follow-up renewals consisted of paying the doctor for an exam already completed and signed.  I just had to fill in the personal info. :89: 

Doctor - What is your blood pressure?

Me - I don't know.

Doctor - Is it normal?

Me - I guess so.

Doctor - Is it 110 over 70?

Me - I am not the brightest but kind of getting the drift of where this conversation is going.

Me - Yes it's 110 over 70.  Doctor writes down 110/70

Doctor - Can you see the eye chart?  ( chart is less than one meter away)

Me - Yes

Doctor -  Are you color blind?

Me - No 

Doctor - writes down 20/20 and color vision normal.  

• Haha 2
  • Sad 1

jimeve
Posted
Posted

Passed my eye exam when I had cataracts, obvious I never took the eye exam. Had to wait 2 years for plastic licence though. Dumaguete.

• Sad 2

hk blues
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, Mike J said:

I have been here 11 years.  Initial license and two, maybe three, renewals.  Initial license - I am sitting at the desk in front of the doctor.  The eye chart was on the wall beside the desk and a color vision test lying open on the desk.   There is also blood pressure equipment on her desk.  This is the MOST COMPLETE "driver physical" required by LTO that I have experienced.  Follow-up renewals consisted of paying the doctor for an exam already completed and signed.  I just had to fill in the personal info. :89: 

Doctor - What is your blood pressure?

Me - I don't know.

Doctor - Is it normal?

Me - I guess so.

Doctor - Is it 110 over 70?

Me - I am not the brightest but kind of getting the drift of where this conversation is going.

Me - Yes it's 110 over 70.  Doctor writes down 110/70

Doctor - Can you see the eye chart?  ( chart is less than one meter away)

Me - Yes

Doctor -  Are you color blind?

Me - No 

Doctor - writes down 20/20 and color vision normal.  

Here both my wife and I did get a more thorough test than some seem to have.  From memory, a colour blindness test, eyesight test, BP measurement were all done more or less properly.  

To be fair, in the UK there is no medical requirement other than asking us to read a car number plate x metres away - no colour blindness test or BP taken.

• Like 2

craftbeerlover
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, hk blues said:

Here both my wife and I did get a more thorough test than some seem to have.  From memory, a colour blindness test, eyesight test, BP measurement were all done more or less properly.  

actually good to hear

3 hours ago, hk blues said:

To be fair, in the UK there is no medical requirement other than asking us to read a car number plate x metres away - no colour blindness test or BP taken.

But, I bet the written test actually pertains to driving, and not what a saddle bag is on a motorcycle.

• Like 1

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
11 minutes ago, craftbeerlover said:

I bet the written test actually pertains to driving, and not what a saddle bag is on a motorcycle.

There are 2 written And Practical Tests, One for cars and 1 for motorcycles

• Like 1

craftbeerlover
Posted
Posted
4 minutes ago, Jack Peterson said:

There are 2 written And Practical Tests, One for cars and 1 for motorcycles

well yes, that makes sense!!