Getting my mrs to the UK

bobthebuilder
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, hk blues said:

They have a 4.4/5 ranking on Trustpilot.  

Make of that what you will.

According to Wiki, at one point their score was around 1.5, from the same site, then dramatically shot up over a period of a year.

bobthebuilder
Posted
Posted
43 minutes ago, graham59 said:

Of course bringing a wife/spouse to the U.K. as opposed to bringing a girlfriend.... two very different things.

I suppose we're also assuming that the O.P. is named on the child's PSA birth certificate, as being the father ? :89:

The agent I contacted in the UK said it made no difference if we were married or not for the application? 

My daughter has both my name her her mothers surname on her cert and on her Phils passport.

hk blues
Posted
Posted
16 minutes ago, bobthebuilder said:

According to Wiki, at one point their score was around 1.5, from the same site, then dramatically shot up over a period of a year.

Yep...which is why I added the comment "make of that what you will".  Unfortunately nowadays much of these types of review can be manipulated.

• Like 1

bobthebuilder
Posted
Posted
6 minutes ago, hk blues said:

Yep...which is why I added the comment "make of that what you will".  Unfortunately nowadays much of these types of review can be manipulated.

Smells like a fish, acts like a fish, they are unavailable for comment!

stevewool
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, bobthebuilder said:

The agent I contacted in the UK said it made no difference if we were married or not for the application? 

My daughter has both my name her her mothers surname on her cert and on her Phils passport.

Not to sure on that one , surely a wife would stand a better chance then a girlfriend, even if she is the mother of your child 

hk blues
Posted
Posted
12 minutes ago, stevewool said:

Not to sure on that one , surely a wife would stand a better chance then a girlfriend, even if she is the mother of your child 

In theory as long as the relationship is considered as being the same as a married couple and they can prove 2+ years of their relationship then it's correct.

In theory...

fillipino_wannabe
Posted
Posted
6 hours ago, bobthebuilder said:

That's the Plan Stan. I am trying to contact the Embassy today, looks like all official offices are difficult to obtain basic information from.

Better if I have to go to/through the Embassy itself to apply for that ( my girlfriends visa ) at the same time, no?

Been reading about VFS this morning via a wiki page, Is it better to use them? Will it be any quicker? This is why I need to find out first.

Thank you for your reply.

VFS is who the UK government outsourced the visa applications to rather than doing it at the embassy, they're not like an agency that will actually help you.

bobthebuilder
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, stevewool said:

Steve, you would think so right? However, it is feasible that the UK and Phils embassy view that in a different light. I just got a message from somebody whose wife, ( married to an English guy ) with land and houses in her name with a 25k income per year, was refused and sent me the letter of refusal. Seems even with all that the UK government didnt trust her to not over stay.

bobthebuilder
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, hk blues said:

In theory as long as the relationship is considered as being the same as a married couple and they can prove 2+ years of their relationship then it's correct.

In theory...

I hope so, common law man and wife, does that apply here?

bobthebuilder
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, fillipino_wannabe said:

VFS is who the UK government outsourced the visa applications to rather than doing it at the embassy, they're not like an agency that will actually help you.

Cheers yes, that's what i gather, they are an international company dealing with Visas from all over the world.