raising your voice

jimeve
Posted
Posted
12 hours ago, Jack Peterson said:

Tell us honestly anyone here that has Never raised his Voice to his Wife, I'll be here :popcorn:

Almost everyday, My 22nd wedding anniversary coming up in November.

• Haha 3

craftbeerlover
Posted
Posted (edited)
13 hours ago, Gutenberg said:

That was testing his authority. Let's hope for him he continues to raise his voice otherwise there will be a shift in the dynamic of the relationship and eventually will lead to divorce as both are unhappy with this kind of situation.

huh?  Maybe in an early bf/gf relationship, but if they are not well beyond that point in a marriage then that is his own fault.  I would say it is well beyond "testing his authority": Not even sure what that means.   For her to speak to him like that, in public let alone, speaks directly to her character and the type of person she is.   To coin a couple phrases, 'when a person shows you who they are, believe them'  - 'you made your bed, now you have to sleep 'with her''  

Edited by craftbeerlover
  • Like 1

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted

I   N E V E R   R A I S E   M Y   V O I C E  ! ! !

• Haha 2

jimeve
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, hk blues said:

Having a deaf wife comes in handy! :hystery:

I use sign language. :morning1: (Make me a coffee)  :shooter: (Give me a drink)

• Haha 3

jimeve
Posted
Posted
3 minutes ago, OnMyWay said:

PARDON

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
3 minutes ago, OnMyWay said:

Interesting ( sarcasm).jpg

• Haha 1

Snowy79
Posted
Posted

FB_IMG_1714980117694.jpg

• Like 1
  • Love it 1
  • Haha 2

Gutenberg
Posted
Posted (edited)
9 hours ago, craftbeerlover said:

huh?

Huh? It's weird for us men, but women never stop the 'authority testing'. It's ingrained in their biology to look for the best genes aka the leader even long into the marriage. The pack leader always gets tested, especially nowadays where every female's magazine and her peer group is telling her that she's better off alone.

Dynamics in a marriage can change. I saw that so often in Thailand, the wife bossing the husband around and I was thinking what is wrong with those men,... well the answer is that they probably didn't show boundaries in the early stages and now they are in a hostage situation as they fear being left alone. I have never seen that with Thai men - they won't hesitate getting physical.

That she makes a scene in public is indeed a sign that it might be too late already for them and she increased already the pressure, ie. being in public.

Edited by Gutenberg
  • Like 1

craftbeerlover
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Gutenberg said:

Huh? It's weird for us men, but women never stop the 'authority testing'. It's ingrained in their biology to look for the best genes aka the leader even long into the marriage.

ummm you are not an authority on women, nor are you an authority on marriage.   You may feel strongly about your "opinion" but that is all it is.  Having said that,  If I need to go back to college and take another sociology class, I will be sure to try and look up your books and lecture notes.  Thanks for the head start.