Deep Well cleaning time

Rooster
Posted
Posted (edited)

Our compound is about 1/4 mile inland from the beach. Around this time of year every 5 years our deep wells need cleaned. When the wells were dug years ago, they had to remove alot of coral. This picture is from one of the wells today. Notice the Coral. It makes me realize that years ago my area was under the ocean. It sort of questions the tree huggers who are always talking about global warming, the Oceans will rise and flood the lands when it appears that the oceans receded. 

coral.JPG

Edited by Rooster
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

BrettGC
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, Rooster said:

It sort of questions the tree huggers who are always talking about global warming, the Oceans will rise and flood the lands when it appears that the oceans receded. 

When and where parts of land were previously under water or the parts of the ocean previously being land has a lot more than climate affecting it; landmass moving and rising and then lowering again over the millennia being a huge factor as well. 

The fact of the matter is that sea levels are rising and empirical data collection which started in1880 from multiple sources clearly shows this. Just go and ask those on the South Pacific nations that have lost landmass already.  As to what's causing it? I don't get into those discussions with people I don't know very well i.e. the entire internet. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

Lee
Posted
Posted

4 hours ago, Rooster said:

It sort of questions the tree huggers who are always talking about global warming

A few decades ago, scientists insisted that the world would be covered in glaciers at least partially caused by hair spray.

That didn't happen either.

• Like 2
  • Love it 1
  • Haha 2

BrettGC
Posted
Posted
Just now, Lee said:

A few decades ago, scientists insisted that the world would be covered in glaciers at least partially caused by hair spray.

That didn't happen either.

The ozone layer thing?  That was caused by spray cans using CFC propellants which were phased out globally beginning in the 80s. Their use was stopped (Montreal protocol), the issue diminished.  HFCs, pump sprays etc are used instead.  The cynic in me says they'll probably find something wrong with HFCs eventually as well. 

Rooster
Posted
Posted

From wells 2 & 3. This coral and sediment is what rose to just below the check valve after 4 to 5 years.

Coral2.JPG

• Like 1

jimeve
Posted
Posted

Our deep water well is about 15 years and red-brown color water kept pumping out and stained the toilets. We had the well cleaned and the sand that came up with the dirt looked brown. We are about 200 meters from the sea. red brown water comes out but not as bad.

Snowy79
Posted
Posted
On 5/19/2024 at 5:39 PM, BrettGC said:

The ozone layer thing?  That was caused by spray cans using CFC propellants which were phased out globally beginning in the 80s. Their use was stopped (Montreal protocol), the issue diminished.  HFCs, pump sprays etc are used instead.  The cynic in me says they'll probably find something wrong with HFCs eventually as well. 

I just had a few aircons repaired and topped up, watching the mist shooting out as the technician released the pressure. On observing he was using R22 gas which is outlawed.

I quizzed him as to how he got his hands on replacement gas and he just laughed, said this is the Philippines. On checking you can buy all the outlawed gases on Shopee. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 2
  • Hmm thinking 1

BrettGC
Posted
Posted
7 minutes ago, Snowy79 said:

I just had a few aircons repaired and topped up, watching the mist shooting out as the technician released the pressure. On observing he was using R22 gas which is outlawed.

I quizzed him as to how he got his hands on replacement gas and he just laughed, said this is the Philippines. On checking you can buy all the outlawed gases on Shopee. 

Not surprising. 

• Like 1