Anyone retired in Manila

Gutenberg
Posted
Posted
7 hours ago, JJReyes said:

While attending a retirement destination conference in Makati, a presenter mentioned Germans are the predominant group in Dumaguete.  They number over 2,000.  Most rely on the 3 years visitor visa extension, so the government data does not reflect the correct number.  In Iloilo, there are several care facilities for Germans with Alzheimer.  

Germaguete. Okay. Well, I guess they never hang out with each other as Germans - from lived experiences - hate Germans either if they are outside of Germany or generally all Germans (unsure which one applies). I remember the days I went to holiday with my family in the 90s and it was always like "oh, other Germans, lets pretend not being German". Well, we got kinda indoctrinated to hate ourselves for the world's safety :laugh:.

• Sad 1

RBM
Posted
Posted
8 minutes ago, Gutenberg said:

Germaguete. Okay. Well, I guess they never hang out with each other as Germans - from lived experiences - hate Germans either if they are outside of Germany or generally all Germans (unsure which one applies). I remember the days I went to holiday with my family in the 90s and it was always like "oh, other Germans, lets pretend not being German". Well, we got kinda indoctrinated to hate ourselves for the world's safety :laugh:.

Thats pretty strong language, I have several German and Swiss friends. My voidance is mostly Koreans as find them extremally noisy and selfish, referring to the mostly younger ones here, no doubt in reply will be member's whom have good Korean friends.......Oh well on and on we go.

• Like 1

Gutenberg
Posted
Posted
1 minute ago, RBM said:

I have several German and Swiss friends.

Yeah, you're not German so it's easy :Happy:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Gutenberg
Posted
Posted

I am currently browsing the German Phillipines forum and the 2024 thread from "Less Germans in PH?" has half of the forum members writing about how they don't want to meet other Germans and some German cliques who don't want 'newcomers'. :popcorn:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Me2
Posted
Posted
11 hours ago, Georgebob said:

I was in BGC today very nice ...but if you don't have your own car ,you have to use Grab I guess

There's no public transport options 

There is public transport. There are BGC buses for inside BGC. And there are a few different bus stops and a large station at Market Market for rides outside BGC. No trikes and Jeepneys are only allowed at the periphery.

MotorSarge
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, RBM said:

My voidance is mostly Koreans as find them extremally noisy and selfish, referring to the mostly younger ones here, no doubt in reply will be member's whom have good Korean friends.......Oh well on and on we go.

:sad:

• Forum Support
scott h
Posted
Posted
46 minutes ago, MotorSarge said:

xtremally noisy and selfish, referring to the mostly younger ones here

To be honest, I think that probably applies to young folks with money in a foreign land set in party mode.

We have always heard stories about "ugly Americans"

I remember in San Diego during the Americas cup sailboat races, the Australians hit the down in droves. It was right when that movie crocodile dundee hit too. Damn them and their accents,,,all the girls just flocked to those swarmy bastards with their down under accent............we couldnt get laid for weeks, they hogged all the girls :hystery:

• Like 1
  • Haha 3