Drive left or right

hk blues
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, JJReyes said:

Driving left or right-hand drive, it does not matter so long as everyone in the country agrees on which side of the road.  I once leased a motorhome in Germany and had the bright (stupid) idea of including England as part of our trip.  Never again!  You had to be fully alert at all times and those roundabouts were murder.  The motorhome had a blindside, and everyone kept honking their horns at me.  British drivers can be very vocal and use hand signals similar to Italians when they don't like your driving.

By the way, we sold our Mercedes Benz Sprinter RV last week.  Car Max gave us an excellent price -- twice what I was expecting.  

If you look at most objective measures Brits are the second or third safest drivers on the planet, both on a per cap and per 100K miles driven basis, which is actually more impressive than it looks given the population density (the countries ahead of the UK are Scandinavian, with lower pop densities).

:whistling:

• Hmm thinking 1

stevewool
Posted
Posted

Driving here in the Uk has changed so much , no one gives a dam , no consideration for other road users , Emma says I have tourettes when I’m driving 

• Haha 1

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted (edited)
10 minutes ago, stevewool said:

, Emma says I have tourettes when I’m driving 

They do say Steve, If you are not cursing and/or swearing when in the drivers seat, You are NOT looking or paying attention to the Road  :tiphat:

Edited by Jack Peterson
added a little
  • Haha 2

hk blues
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, stevewool said:

Driving here in the Uk has changed so much , no one gives a dam , no consideration for other road users , Emma says I have tourettes when I’m driving 

Tell he she can go f*#@ herself! 

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
19 minutes ago, hk blues said:

I Hope that was a jest HB? :whistling:

hk blues
Posted
Posted
39 minutes ago, Jack Peterson said:

I Hope that was a jest HB? :whistling:

Indeed it was. 

JJReyes
Posted
Posted
10 hours ago, jimeve said:

Good job we don't have guns, It would be like the wild west USA.

Our RV had South Dakota plates, now known as the state whose female governor shoots puppies, goats and old horses, and where you only need 30 days stay at a motel to qualify for a concealed weapon permit.  No one honks their horn at me.  Now that we are renting a car with California plates, I have experienced several honking incidents. 

• I'm Confused 1
  • Sad 1

stevewool
Posted
Posted
On 5/23/2024 at 8:41 AM, hk blues said:

She knows my Tourette’s aren’t real, so a slap on the back of my head would be swinging my way very quickly I’m sure 

• Haha 1