Rising every day! Fingers crossed EH?

hk blues
Posted
Posted
15 hours ago, OnMyWay said:

Can't find any of those.  Peso is down against everything the last month, 2-6%  Even those hapless Canadians are up 2.96%

Change the country on this XE chart.  GBP over 75 now.  USD heading for 59.

https://www.xe.com/currencycharts/?from=EUR&to=PHP&view=1M

Local Filipinos aren't getting any boost to help offset the increases. 

• Like 1

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted (edited)

The Pound predictive rates for June, July early  2024*******

May be an image of text

Edited by Jack Peterson
  • Sad 1
  • Hmm thinking 1

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
4 hours ago, Jack Peterson said:

The Pound predictive rates for June, July early  2024*******

I was curious, so I looked up the historical pound / peso rates.  50+ years.  I had no idea the rate had been over 100, 20 years ago!

Source:  

https://fxtop.com/en/historical-exchange-rates-graph-zoom.php?C1=USD&C2=PHP&A=1&DD1=11&MM1=08&YYYY1=1967&DD2=10&MM2=08&YYYY2=2017&LARGE=1&LANG=en&CJ=0&MM1Y=0

Screenshot (1241).png

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
Just now, OnMyWay said:

I was curious, so I looked up the historical pound / peso rates.  50+ years.  I had no idea the rate had been over 100, 20 years ago!

Source:  

https://fxtop.com/en/historical-exchange-rates-graph-zoom.php?C1=USD&C2=PHP&A=1&DD1=11&MM1=08&YYYY1=1967&DD2=10&MM2=08&YYYY2=2017&LARGE=1&LANG=en&CJ=0&MM1Y=0

Screenshot (1241).png

Yes indeed it was, When The change over in Hong Kong was happening Our R and R was fantastic at ( If my memory serves) was 103

JJReyes
Posted
Posted

Take advantage of the current excellent exchange rate if you need Philippine pesos.  Once the US Federal Reserve signals lower interest rates, global currencies will stabilize vis-a-vis the US dollar.  One of the signals has already been raised.  Look at the yield difference between short term government securities (90 days T-Bills) and long term (10 years T-Notes).  This is a presidential election year.  Lower interest rates will help an incumbent government, even if this move increases the danger for inflation.

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
11 hours ago, JJReyes said:

Lower interest rates will help an incumbent government, even if this move increases the danger for inflation.

Let's look at it another way***May be an image of text that says "Maybe we should stop asking why food S so so expensive and start asking why corporate grocery store profits are at record highs. TheMindUnleashed The Mind Unleashed"    :whistling:

• Like 2
  • Love it 1

jimeve
Posted
Posted
22 hours ago, Jack Peterson said:

Yes indeed it was, When The change over in Hong Kong was happening Our R and R was fantastic at ( If my memory serves) was 103

At the time when I was building my wife's house, from 2003. I remember the rate when it was 110 pounds to 1 peso. Happy days.

• Thanks 1

spaul
Posted
Posted

Just out of curiosity, what impact do you think BRICS is going to have on all of our Western currencies in the coming years?

Eddie1
Posted
Posted
5 hours ago, jimeve said:

I remember the rate when it was 110 pounds to 1 peso.

Hmm, I think you might want to reconsider that Jim.  

• Haha 4

jimeve
Posted
Posted
10 hours ago, Eddie1 said:

Hmm, I think you might want to reconsider that Jim.  

LOL yep. 

• Haha 1