New facility at SM City Clark to enhance passenger experience

Lee
Posted
Posted

PASSENGERS flying out of Clark International Airport will soon enjoy the convenience of checking in at SM City Clark before heading to the airport. This initiative is part of a collaboration between the Department of Transportation, SM Supermalls and various stakeholders to enhance the travel experience.

The city check-in facility is a result of a memorandum of understanding signed by key players in the aviation and tourism industries, including the Bases Conversion and Development Authority, Department of Tourism-Region 3, Clark Development Corp., Clark International Airport Corp., Luzon International Premier Airport Development Corp., Premier Central Inc., and Plaza Premium Lounge Clark International Airport Inc.

Passengers flying out of Clark International Airport can soon enjoy a smoother and more relaxed travel experience. The city check-in facility at SM City Clark allows them to check in for their flights before even reaching the airport.

This eliminates pre-departure stress and frees up valuable time for passengers to explore the mall's offerings. Whether grabbing a bite to eat, doing some last-minute shopping or simply relaxing before their flight, passengers can make the most of their time at SM City Clark.

The establishment of the city check-in facility at SM City Clark demonstrates the power of collaboration between government agencies, aviation authorities and the private sector. This initiative is expected to boost tourism in the region and contribute to a more positive travel experience for passengers.

To know more about government partnerships, visit www.smsupermalls.com or follow @SMSupermalls on social media.

New facility at SM City Clark to enhance passenger experience (msn.com)

JJReyes
Posted
Posted

Clark International Airport will make an ideal 2nd airport for Metro Manila if they add a high-speed overhead rail system.  Unfortunately, politics.  

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
35 minutes ago, JJReyes said:

Clark International Airport will make an ideal 2nd airport for Metro Manila if they add a high-speed overhead rail system.  Unfortunately, politics.  

Not sure what you are referring to.  They are building a rail system that will terminate at Clark Airport.  It will go all the way to Laguna.  You can see the construction on Google maps satellite view.  Well underway.  The underground terminal is due West of the air terminals.  Driving in the area, you can see all the new elevated track structures.

Not sure what the speed will be.  This is from a Facebook post.

LOOK:

View from SM Clark soon 🇵🇭

The under construction NSCR Clark Station near SM City Clark. The train is for visualization only, while the structures are already erect.

Photos not mine: CTTO

436334928_948959420572988_6616467741082385653_n.jpg

• Like 3

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
6 hours ago, Lee said:

Does nothing for me.  Not sure who their target audience is.

JJReyes
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, OnMyWay said:

Not sure what you are referring to.  They are building a rail system that will terminate at Clark Airport.  It will go all the way to Laguna.  You can see the construction on Google maps satellite view.  Well underway.  The underground terminal is due West of the air terminals.  Driving in the area, you can see all the new elevated track structures.

Not sure what the speed will be.  This is from a Facebook post.

LOOK:

View from SM Clark soon 🇵🇭

The under construction NSCR Clark Station near SM City Clark. The train is for visualization only, while the structures are already erect.

Thanks.  I wasn't aware construction is underway.  In the meantime, Philippine Airlines is building another airport in Bulacan which is closer to Metro Manila.

Joey G
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, JJReyes said:

In the meantime, Philippine Airlines is building another airport in Bulacan which is closer to Metro Manila.

I remember hearing that that like 10 years ago... how far did they get so far?

JJReyes
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, Joey G said:

I remember hearing that that like 10 years ago... how far did they get so far?

As far as press releases.  

In the Philippines, what they say and what they do are totally different.

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

Maybe I'm missing something. Why would anyone stop at a mall on the way to the airport to check-in?

Understandable why SM would like the extra customers. No doubt some official got a nice payoff to allow and advertise this.

• Like 2

Lee
Posted
Posted (edited)
32 minutes ago, Old55 said:

Maybe I'm missing something. Why would anyone stop at a mall on the way to the airport to check-in?

The article suggests that you would be able to check in for your flight at the mall.

Edited by Lee

GeoffH
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, Lee said:

The article suggests that you would be able to check in for your flight at the mall.

I'm not really seeing the advantage, most airline apps have a facility for online check in.

• Like 2