Sydney to Manila Flights

hk blues
Posted
Posted
6 hours ago, BrettGC said:

It doesn't work like that in Australia.  Medicare procedures are done in public government funded and owned hospitals so if its non-life threatening, you go into a queue.  If the doctor works in a public hospital, he gets paid the scheduled fee.  In most states the majority of hospitals are government owned and run.  Waiting lists have been a thing since Medicare's inception in the 80s.  No out of pocket for the patient, not even the meds they subscribe on discharge. 

BOI has told me the same thing.  I'm just hedging my bets despite this in case it's not approved prior to departure.  Better to plan for the worst is my axiom. 

I got my 13a in Hong Kong so no probationary but they were very clear that NO exit during application process.  But, again, that was not a probationary to permanent situation so not the same.  

• Like 1

Ozzyboy
Posted
Posted

I fly Cebu Pacific, SYD-MNL and MNL-SYD, i have no problem but it will happen one day.

PS. Lived in Australia all my life happy to say i've never booked a Qantas flight in my life,

got put on  Qantas from Singapore to Sydney on an Emirates ticket (some flight issue)

upon arriving in Sydney i realized how crappy that company is, Virgin are you listening.

• Like 2

Clermont
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, Ozzyboy said:

upon arriving in Sydney i realized how crappy that company is, Virgin are you listening.

I agree, it was Australia's pride and joy, and I swore by them, and it has nothing to do with the Pandemic why I won't fly with then. 

GeoffH
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Clermont said:

I agree, it was Australia's pride and joy, and I swore by them, and it has nothing to do with the Pandemic why I won't fly with then. 

The sacking of the baggage staff if I had to guess?

JJReyes
Posted
Posted
6 hours ago, Ozzyboy said:

I fly Cebu Pacific, SYD-MNL and MNL-SYD, i have no problem but it will happen one day.

Do you know if Cebu Pacific offers business class?  My bad back requires a reclining position on journeys lasting more than 4 hours.  I used to stand near the galley area for one or two hours at a time, but that is no longer permitted due to "security reasons."  

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
3 minutes ago, JJReyes said:

I used to stand near the galley area for one or two hours at a time, but that is no longer permitted due to "security reasons."  

:popcorn: So what do you do now:rolleyes:

JJReyes
Posted
Posted
3 minutes ago, Jack Peterson said:

:popcorn: So what do you do now:rolleyes:

Most business class seats on long flights convert into a bed.  To pack passengers like sardines in economy, there is hardly any seat recline and the distance between rows is narrower.  With a bad back in a confined space, it's misery for me for several days after a long flight.  This is the reason we now prefer cruise ships for our travels.

• Like 3

BrettGC
Posted
Posted
14 hours ago, Clermont said:

Same.

13 hours ago, GeoffH said:

The sacking of the baggage staff if I had to guess?

That and moving many of their non-pilot staff to short term contracts for me - Cabin crew, check-in staff etc. 

• Like 2

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted
10 hours ago, JJReyes said:

With a bad back in a confined space, it's misery for me for several days after a long flight

Same with me, degenerative disk disease with five back surgeries.   Anything over two hours in a economy seat feels like torture.

Gator
Posted
Posted
10 hours ago, JJReyes said:

Do you know if Cebu Pacific offers business class?  My bad back requires a reclining position on journeys lasting more than 4 hours.  I used to stand near the galley area for one or two hours at a time, but that is no longer permitted due to "security reasons."  

It’s unlikely that they offer it, but I’ve only flown Cebu Pacific internationally from Clark to Bangkok and I’ve never seen business class on any of their domestic flights. About the only thing you could do is spend a little extra for a front row seat near the exit where you’d have extra legroom and could possibly stand up. But they will ask if in an emergency you’d be able to open the cabin door. Generally speaking it seems to me that Cebu Pacific has no concern about passenger comfort - their seat cushions are thin and IMHO are very uncomfortable (many seem to be old and worn out).