Do you really want to be in the Philippines?

Georgebob
Posted
Posted

It's a strange question,but necessary!

I have read countless negative posts on here with mainly healthcare topics etc 

Truthfully,I think some expats live in the Philippines because their partners do and not necessarily because they actually want to.

Would I be correct .

Or do you know any expats who fit into that category?

I did read a comment on here where the poster said if he could take his Filipina partner to live in Thailand it would be a "perfect world"

It's sad in a way to be living somewhere that you don't wish to be all for a sake of keeping a relationship.

And this has made me rethink my relationship,do I want to retire to somewhere I may not like everyday just to be with my partner.

• Like 4

Lee
Posted
Posted
7 minutes ago, Mike J said:

The positives include weather, low cost of living, family values, attractive ladies, widely spoken English, etc

IMO, most of what you list simply isn't accurate. Family values being on your list is a head scratcher to me.

I have been married to an attractive Filipina for over 40 years so I certainly don't need another one.

I don't encounter many locals that WILL speak English above even the most rudimentary of levels. Some understand some English but they certainly won't speak it unless absolutely forced to. YMMV

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

Georgebob
Posted
Posted

I was just watching a Duamagette YouTuber who said 90%, yes that high,  of foreigners who went to Duamagette to check it out with a view of staying , didn't like it .

So those guys staying are in a relationship 

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
26 minutes ago, Georgebob said:

I was just watching a Duamagette YouTuber who said 90%, yes that high,  of foreigners who went to Duamagette to check it out with a view of staying , didn't like it .

So those guys staying are in a relationship 

All we got are jokes. . . #GraphingCalculator #GraphingCalculators  #Calculators #Calculator #CollegeStudent #FreshmanAdv… | Psychology humor,  Math humor, Math jokes

I enjoyed Dumaguete when I lived there.  I was single there, then in a relationship there, then single there, then in a relationship there, then gone.  I am happy wherever I live.  I heard it said more than once: "Are you happy living where you are now?  No?  Then you won't be happy living in the Philippines".  (And vice versa).

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

Cola Cubes
Posted
Posted

No.

• Like 1