Do you really want to be in the Philippines?

GeoffH
Posted
Posted
44 minutes ago, hk blues said:

And where they do exist, homeowners have decided to take them as an extension of their gardens, at least that's what often happens in my area. 

Not always... sometimes they take them as street vehicle parking :hystery:

craftbeerlover
Posted
Posted
2 minutes ago, GeoffH said:

If you use your emergency flashers, you can park anywhere, I have personally witnessed this

• Haha 2

hk blues
Posted
Posted
46 minutes ago, GeoffH said:

That's what I meant as an extension of their garden.

In my community many have taken it a step further and actually installed gates across the pathway up to the road.   One cheeky p**** actually put up a sign amongst his plants which were taking up all the pathway "Please Respect Others' Property" - the irony!  

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

craftbeerlover
Posted
Posted
15 minutes ago, Snowy79 said:

I pay 27k for a 64sqm condo as I allow my partner to do daily rentals on my own condo as a business.

wow, if you dont mind, could you share the condo complex name?   In all my research I did not see anything that came close to that price.

Snowy79
Posted
Posted
Just now, craftbeerlover said:

wow, if you dont mind, could you share the condo complex name?   In all my research I did not see anything that came close to that price.

Sure. Alta Vista de Boracay, best to contact direct with caretakers who will give you the details of the owners. Agents add between 5 to 10k.  The other main area is Newcoast, a beautiful area but the majority of the condos were bought for long term investments with hardly anyone living there.

The centre of Boracay you are easily looking at 45k per month for a small condo and realistically I'd never live there as you're in the heart of tourist town.

Station 3 is middle of the road, usually 25k upwards but you're in amongst the locals. I have jungle on 3 sides of me with an almost constant breeze as high on a hill but on the public transport route. Look up Hop on Hop off transport, 15 air conditioned coaches that do 360 trips around the island. As a resident a months pass works out at about 15 pesos per day unlimited travel. I was paying about 500 pesos per day in taxis in Manila. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Georgebob
Posted
Posted (edited)

A bit hesitant to post this in case of personal attacks but enjoyed your post Snowy , Boracay is one place I would love to visit with a view to retirement 

Edited by Georgebob
  • Like 2

craftbeerlover
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, Georgebob said:

A bit hesitant to post this in case of personal attacks but enjoyed your post Snowy , Boracay is one place I would love to visit with a view to retirement 

Why?  Why would you suffer personal attacks?   I just dont understand.

• Like 1
  • I'm Confused 1
  • Sad 1

• 1 month later...
Graywulf
Posted
Posted
On 5/28/2024 at 1:03 PM, MotorSarge said:

I got Renaud's disease in my hands which affect me daily wherever it is cool, cold or even just low AC in the house.

I fly a 2003 FLHTCUI and it is hell most of the time anywhere in the states under 80 degrees for me.

She will be shipped to PI in 2026.

Maybe we'll meet one day there. 

I am looking at taking/bringing one bike with me next year... but?? I am a wee bit 'confused'. reading the  'importing' rules for a car.. no older than 10 years. But, I can't find any advice/restrictions/allowance for a personal vehicle as a migrant. IF an older than 10yr motorcycle is allowed as a personal vehicle? Instead of my suzuki, I'll bring my 2008 FLHT

MotorSarge
Posted
Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Graywulf said:

I am looking at taking/bringing one bike with me next year... but?? I am a wee bit 'confused'. reading the  'importing' rules for a car.. no older than 10 years. But, I can't find any advice/restrictions/allowance for a personal vehicle as a migrant. IF an older than 10yr motorcycle is allowed as a personal vehicle? Instead of my suzuki, I'll bring my 2008 FLHT

I think I need to refresh myself on that then, especially not ever wanting to sell it and after just putting $3,000.00 into it the last few months.

Edited by MotorSarge