Your safety in the Philippines

craftbeerlover
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, hk blues said:

t's nothing like as bad as you seem to be now thinking - I feel safer here than I did in the UK

WOW, I never lived there, but visited 3 times and never once felt anything but safe.   Was it the area you lived in?   Or was I just lucky?

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
31 minutes ago, craftbeerlover said:

WOW, I never lived there, but visited 3 times and never once felt anything but safe.   Was it the area you lived in?   Or was I just lucky?

That my Friend depends when you were in the UK and where you visited

• Like 1

Georgebob
Posted
Posted
7 hours ago, hk blues said:

It's really not the norm here - trust me.  

Anyhow, as is often said on this forum you probably need to spend a few weeks here to see for yourself the reality i.e. boots on the ground.  Of course, not everywhere is the same and some places are safer than others relatively speaking so maybe you should identify a short list of 2 or 3 places to stay and spend a few days in each and see how the land lies yourself.   

I would like to look at the area where this man is , to see if it's that bad 

Gutenberg
Posted
Posted (edited)
On 5/27/2024 at 11:59 PM, Mike J said:

Sounds like some one who watches too many Rambo movies, and practices baton moves in front of a mirror? :whistling:

Or they watched Plane (2023).

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt5884796/

It's showing the Phillipines as totally ridiculous. It's entertaining, though, but gives a really bad impression of the PH and seems to be offensive as well:

https://sg.style.yahoo.com/news/gerard-butler-plane-may-be-banned-screening-philippines-085441298.html

Edited by Gutenberg
  • Haha 1

MotorSarge
Posted
Posted
37 minutes ago, Gutenberg said:

Or they watched Plane (2023).

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt5884796/

It's showing the Phillipines as totally ridiculous. It's entertaining, though, but gives a really bad impression of the PH and seems to be offensive as well:

https://sg.style.yahoo.com/news/gerard-butler-plane-may-be-banned-screening-philippines-085441298.html

Riddle me this if you will.

Does cinema portray reality or does reality portray cinema :89:

• Thanks 1

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted
5 hours ago, MotorSarge said:

Does cinema portray reality or does reality portray cinema :89:

Some of each I would say.

hk blues
Posted
Posted
17 hours ago, craftbeerlover said:

I lived in North Manchester latterly. 

Yep, it would depend entirely where you were as a tourist.  I'd imagine you weren't in particularly local areas away from the centre but that's not the reality for most folk actually living in urban areas of the UK.  Only in the past few days a young mother was murdered on a beach in one of the nicer parts of the UK.  Only yesterday 4 people, including one child, were shot in inner London.  Of course, such things happen here as well but the UK isn't the safe place many tourists think it is, at least in my opinion. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 3

Georgebob
Posted
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, hk blues said:

Yep, it would depend entirely where you were as a tourist.  I'd imagine you weren't in particularly local areas away from the centre but that's not the reality for most folk actually living in urban areas of the UK.  Only in the past few days a young mother was murdered on a beach in one of the nicer parts of the UK.  Only yesterday 4 people, including one child, were shot in inner London.  Of course, such things happen here as well but the UK isn't the safe place many tourists think it is, at least in my opinion. 

Australia is the same,guy stabs random people in a shopping centre at Bondi beach 

Shooting murders every week 

Most country towns are no go areas especially at night , Moree , Bourke,Alice Springs 

A innocent elderly lady stabbed to death in a carpark by African Australian youths ,what a country 

I guess I prefer to walk through General Santos city at night than say Australia's Darwin or Brisbane 

Edited by Georgebob
  • Like 4
  • Sad 2

stevewool
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, hk blues said:

Times are a changing, there was places you did not go too after dark , but these days you don’t go to those places anytime , in the so called good old days you could get yourself a good hiding or threats off if you come around here again , but these days folk want to kick you to death or knife you 

• Like 2
  • Sad 2

fillipino_wannabe
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, hk blues said:

Only in the past few days a young mother was murdered on a beach in one of the nicer parts of the UK. 

Bournemouth's my hometown, I'm only 34 so I can remember going out around there 15-20 years ago and there were 'gangs' about but worst case scenario you'd get punched a few times. Now there's 100s of teenagers walking around with 3 foot knives willing to kill you.

• Sad 1