Your safety in the Philippines

Georgebob
Posted
Posted
5 hours ago, Tommy T. said:

Really? There are only a few people there, at least last time I visited 10 years ago... It seemed so very peaceful except for the flies!

Yes Alice Springs has been named number 1 in Australia crime town

• Thanks 1

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted
10 hours ago, Georgebob said:

Yes Alice Springs has been named number 1 in Australia crime town

Well, off topic, but that's a shocker! The only thing I remember about the Ozzie outback was that you needed to use some sort of avgas in your car or else kids would syphon off some regular gas to sniff it for a buzz...

Joey G
Posted
Posted
On 5/28/2024 at 12:55 AM, Lee said:

Some might be surprised to know that many ex pats carry guns (illegally of course) in their cars when they go out. Most can't afford to live in nice neighborhoods in Subic or gated condos in Cebu. They have to provide their own security.

"many ex pats", as in a majority??????  Add me to the list of surprised then.  I know none out of 2 dozen (none in Subic or Cebu).  I gotta wonder what they are thinking.  Are they thinking they will be afforded the same self defense rights as their home country. What could go wrong?

• Like 1

Freebie
Posted
Posted
15 hours ago, Jack Peterson said:

:89:Hm I think Insurance has a lot to do with it, Of course correct me if I am wrong but i don't think I am :tiphat:

Totally correct . Policies say must have security guard 24 /7 but doesnt say "alert at all times "  "never plays candy crush" etc .

Policies usually just say Guard must be present.

• Like 1

graham59
Posted
Posted
18 hours ago, Freebie said:

so the point of a guard is what.. to stop people stealing lettuce ?

Sometimes the lettuce need protecting from the guard dog. :unsure:

corgi attack.gif

• Like 1

hk blues
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, Joey G said:

"many ex pats", as in a majority??????  Add me to the list of surprised then.  I know none out of 2 dozen (none in Subic or Cebu).  I gotta wonder what they are thinking.  Are they thinking they will be afforded the same self defense rights as their home country. What could go wrong?

I suppose many is a relative term.  a hundred could be classed as many yet insignificant in real terms.  I tend to agree with you that as a percentage the number who carry guns will be small, very small.  I'm talking amongst the decent, law-abiding (in the main)  community of course.  

craftbeerlover
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, hk blues said:

I suppose many is a relative term.  a hundred could be classed as many yet insignificant in real terms.  I tend to agree with you that as a percentage the number who carry guns will be small, very small.  I'm talking amongst the decent, law-abiding (in the main)  community of course.  

I've met more ex-pats than I can count, and I do not know of one of them that carry's a gun.  I know one guy that carry's pepper spray in his vehicle, but no guns.

• Like 1
  • Love it 1

Freebie
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, graham59 said:

Sometimes the lettuce need protecting from the guard dog. :unsure:

corgi attack.gif

BIGGGGGG LOL !!!!

• Like 1

Georgebob
Posted
Posted

I'm still thinking of this older guy who puts on the safety vest with a extendable baton and pepper spray 

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, Georgebob said:

I'm still thinking of this older guy who puts on the safety vest with a extendable baton and pepper spray 

Maybe you both could meet up and hang out sometime?

• Haha 5