Travel Insurance

GeoffH
Posted
Posted
4 hours ago, Possum said:

I have also found this amusing. I asked once how often they have planned water landings?

It depends... is it a sea plane?  :whistling::hystery:

• 2 weeks later...
OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
On 5/28/2024 at 11:46 AM, OnMyWay said:

Most of the major Philippine insurers offer travel insurance.  AXA, Pacific Cross.  Last year for our Malaysia trip I used Standard Insurance.

I just bought another Standard policy for our Bohol trip.  I compared AXA and Standard.  AXA only offers one level of domestic travel insurance.  Standard has Essential and Elite.  Essential was ~1400.  Elite is 2380, with higher coverages.  The Standard Elite was only about p500 more than the AXA, with much better coverage.  This is for 5 of us, 10 days.

Another factor.  AXA wants so much information.  Many details for each traveler and their beneficiary.  Name, passport info, address, etc.  Standard is very simple.  Name, birthdate and the beneficiary is "COMPULSORY HEIRS".  Makes a big difference when doing 5 people.

• Like 1
  • Hmm thinking 1

Snowy79
Posted
Posted

Google free travel insurance for Thailand. The government are offering it up until the end of August. 

• Like 1

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted
On 6/7/2024 at 5:19 AM, OnMyWay said:

Another factor.  AXA wants so much information.  Many details for each traveler and their beneficiary.  Name, passport info, address, etc.  Standard is very simple.  Name, birthdate and the beneficiary is "COMPULSORY HEIRS".  Makes a big difference when doing 5 people.

Providing extensive detailed information would concern me as well Don.

• Like 1