Eye Candy!

JJReyes
Posted
Posted
12 hours ago, OnMyWay said:

My next door neighbor at my current rental house has a Porsche Panorama he uses for everyday driver, takes the kids to school, etc.  For longer trips he has a BMW SUV.

At least your neighbor is the driver.  I get a laugh in Manila seeing a fancy car with a driver and maid in the front seats and children cramped in the back on their way to school.  High end cars are designed for the comfort of the owner-driver and one passenger.  The back seats are a secondary consideration.  I recall a published picture of a woman in China riding on the back seat of an open top Mercedes Benz sports cars with her driver at the wheel.  She was a bit overweight, so it must have been difficult getting her out of a 2-door sports car.  

• Like 2

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
37 minutes ago, JJReyes said:

At least your neighbor is the driver.

He is a car fanatic!  Retired Malaysian Chinese guy with Filipina wife and two daughters.  He spends hours cleaning those cars, like I used to do with a few of my favorite cars.  They are covered when not in use, and every two days or so (in good weather), he carefully wipes them down.  The Porsche Panorama is a 4 seater, 2013, and it looks brand new!

He does not drive the Porsche in the crowded in the crowded Olongapo areas.  They have a motorcycle for going to the market, etc.

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted
8 hours ago, JJReyes said:

I get a laugh in Manila seeing a fancy car with a driver and maid in the front seats and children cramped in the back on their way to school.

I know a Filipina who, with her siblings, was flown to school and back each day in the family plane.    

Possum
Posted
Posted
11 hours ago, Mike J said:

I know a Filipina who, with her siblings, was flown to school and back each day in the family plane.    

To me such ostentation doesn't seem wise even if the wealth is obtained legitimately.

hk blues
Posted
Posted
26 minutes ago, Possum said:

To me such ostentation doesn't seem wise even if the wealth is obtained legitimately.

A helicopter I can almost understand but I cannot imagine the practicalities of flying a plane from A to B every day.  When you take into account travel time to/from the airport it doesn't seem to make any sense.  

• Like 2