ECC-B query

Gas
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, Lee said:

To clarify my original post---the two Americans traveling are husband and wife and both used American passports to enter the PI.

Have read that the ECC-B can't be gotten online but can possibly be obtained at your local BOI office. Other comments on the net contradict this.

Some suggest that pics and fingerprints have to be provided for the clearance. Lots of confusion here it would seem. IDK.

The confusion is you haven’t stated what visa you are currently on. 
Your wife obviously regained her Philippine citizenship whilst back in the Philippines and not in the US? 

• Like 1

Lee
Posted
Posted (edited)

1 hour ago, Gas said:

The confusion is you haven’t stated what visa you are currently on. 

From my previous post prior to yours. 

This means that the ACR card is for a permanent resident. A 13A visa goes along with the ACR card.

Edited by Lee

MikeyD
Posted
Posted
14 hours ago, Gas said:

Are you a 13a visa holder?
If so it can be done at the airport or online

5 hours ago, Lee said:

Have read that the ECC-B can't be gotten online

I don't know if this helps but on the e-services website (https://e-services.immigration.gov.ph/), there is an option to fill out an online application for a ECC-B, it looks like you have to set up an account first.  I did that and clicked on the Emigration Clearance Certificate B option and then got some information and instructions before getting a screen to fill out some information.  According to the user manual you can also pay online.  I have no idea if this works but am very interested in this topic since I just recently received my 13a Probationary visa and would like to know how it works in case I need to leave the country.  I'm wondering if it can be done at the airport just prior to departure then why go through all of the hassle of going to the BI in person or even doing it online other than perhaps to make sure there are no issues and to save time.

EMIGRATION CLEARANCE CERTIFICATE - B
Online application for departing holders of Immigrant and Non-Immigrant visas with valid ACR I-Cards and are leaving the country temporarily.

SOME IMPORTANT REMINDERS:
    1. Upon departure,you may present a screenshot of your electronic ECC - B/CE with RP/SRC to the Immigration Counter.
    2. Please be reminded that your ECC - B is only valid for 30 days upon receipt issuance. Failure to use said clearance within the period of validity will result in expiration and the need for renewal of your ECC - B amounting Php. 710 and Express Lane Fee (ELF) amounting to Php. 500. Submitting an expired ECC - B will lead to the deferral of your flight pursuant to CA 613, as amended.
    3. You may apply for your ECC - B Renewal at the airport or any BI Offices, whichever is convenient for you.
    4. Upon return to the country, you may present a screenshot of your electronic ECC - B/CE with RP/SRC to the Immigration Officer.
Travel Documents (ECC - B/CE with RP/SRC) issued to ACR registered aliens, who is departing for a temporary sojourn abroad but who intend to return.
  • EMIGRATION CLEARANCE CERTIFICATE - B (ECC) is a pre-departure document issued by the Bureau of Immigration (BI) to foreign nationals who are holders of Immigrant or Non-immigrant visas and are leaving the Philippines.
  • CERTIFICATE OF EXEMPTION (CE) is issued showing the fact that he has been exempted from obtaining the Emigration Clearance Certificate.
  • RE-ENTRY PERMIT (RP) is issued to an Immigrant visa holder about to depart temporarily from the Philippines. The RP allows the holder to return to the Philippines with the same admission as when he departed.
  • SPECIAL RETURN CERTIFICATE (SRC) is issued to a Non-Immigrant visa holder about to depart temporarily from the Philippines. The SRC allows the holder to return to the Philippines with the same admission as when he departed.
  • An EMIGRATION CLEARANCE CERTIFICATE SERIES B (ECC-B) is issued to those who have immigrant or non-immigrant visa with valid ACR I-Card and are leaving the country temporarily. It is a single-use receipt that also serves as Re-entry permit for immigrant and Special Return Certificate for non-immigrant, which is valid for one (1) year or six (6) months.

The process of ECC - B/CE with RP/SRC application via eServices:
ECC B Flow
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

spaul
Posted
Posted (edited)

I just did the ECC-B clearance on May8th. Did it all on line on the BI e-services web site including the payment. Currently on a 13A probationary. I returned on May 27th. After you submit your payment you receive an email with a QR code. Just present it at immigration when you leave the airport. They will stamp your passport. Had zero issues. Left from Manila airport. ECC-B is for Immigrant/Non-Immigrant Visa holders with valid ACR I Card who are only leaving temporarily. ECC-A is for those leaving permanently.

Edited by Old55
Removed link
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 3

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

Welcome to the forum Spaul. Thanks for sharing your ECC-B experience. 

The forum rules do not allow links to other blogs so it was removed. Hope you understand and please read the forum rules.

• Like 1

Huggybearman
Posted
Posted (edited)
On 6/4/2024 at 5:19 AM, Lee said:

To clarify my original post---the two Americans traveling are husband and wife and both used American passports to enter the PI.

Have read that the ECC-B can't be gotten online but can possibly be obtained at your local BOI office. Other comments on the net contradict this.

Some suggest that pics and fingerprints have to be provided for the clearance. Lots of confusion here it would seem. IDK.

I obtained an ECC-B yesterday at my local BOI office in CDO. I have a 13a and it's been 2 years since my last trip out of the Philippines.

Very straight forward procedure. They gave me a simple form to complete, the officer took a photocopy of my passport, ACR-i card and flight ticket. Paid 2,170 pesos and the ECC was issued there and then. It is valid for 30 days from issue and I was informed the return date is any time within 6 months from arrival in your destination country. 
No photo or finger prints required!

The whole process took less than 10 minutes.

Edited by Huggybearman
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

graham59
Posted
Posted (edited)

I had a similar experience (I have Perm 13A) when departing from Clark last year. There, the ECC processing is done at the cashier's desk next to the Immigration counters. 

My PI-born dual national son was with me....going on our hols to UK. 

He did not need an ECC.. When accompanied by a dual national, you/they just need to present both passports. No issues, except for 'Travel Tax' may become payable for the dual national, if not included when booking your tickets. ( I can't remember the details of that). 

Edited by graham59
  • Like 2

alainbanau
Posted
Posted

I just went through the ECC-B clearance process online via the BI e-services website, including the payment, on May 8th. I'm currently on a 13A probationary visa and returned on May 27th. After submitting the payment, you receive an email with a QR code, which you simply present at immigration when leaving the airport. They stamp your passport without any issues. I left from Manila airport. For those who might need it, the ECC-B is for Immigrant/Non-Immigrant Visa holders with a valid ACR I Card leaving temporarily, whereas the ECC-A is for those leaving permanently. If you're also handling an NBI appointment form, the process should be just as smooth

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2