POGO

hk blues
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, OnMyWay said:

Brings to mind what what is happening at the U.S. Southern border.  Hundreds (maybe thousands?) of young, fit, Chinese men with sharp military haircuts crossing the border.  The reports I saw interviewed a couple who said they were "looking for a better life", and the reports also said they flew into Mexican airports and then paid their way to the border, arriving in nice SUVs and vans.  Who paid for that?

Most young Chinese have sharp military haircuts though - I wouldn't read too much into that alone.  

• Like 1

craftbeerlover
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, hk blues said:

Most young Chinese have sharp military haircuts though - I wouldn't read too much into that alone.  

I hope nobody in the decision making process would just take one relatively benign piece of the puzzle and read too much into it.

craftbeerlover
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, scott h said:

the Philippines has very little that China actually wants.

They have the West Philippines Sea, which china is claiming, seizing, fishing, harassing, blockading, building military platforms/islands etc.....   Seems to me they want that.   Am I missing something?

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
Just now, craftbeerlover said:

Am I missing something?

:popcorn:

craftbeerlover
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, scott h said:

Your right, they could. But China has been pestering other countries for years to shut them down. I was merely pointing out that the Philippines has very little that China actually wants. As a bargaining chip, it might be a very small arrow in the quiver, but just about the only one they have :cheersty:

Ahhhhh I think you were referring to having something to offer as far as a bargaining chip.   If that is the case then I retract my "they have the WPS" comment, and yeah you are right. 

• Forum Support
scott h
Posted
Posted
1 minute ago, craftbeerlover said:

Am I missing something?

Yes, The point that I have been trying to make all along. I will see if I explain myself better.....................

1 minute ago, craftbeerlover said:

Ahhhhh

cool, I was wracking my brain to try and get my point across by mere typing :571c66d400c8c_1(103):

:thumbsup:

Gutenberg
Posted
Posted

I wonder how many US military uniforms can be found if looking into some expat homes.

• Like 1

craftbeerlover
Posted
Posted
18 minutes ago, Gutenberg said:

I wonder how many US military uniforms can be found if looking into some expat homes.

Probably fewer than the uninvited chinese establishing military bases, harassing Filipino fisherman, and setting up prostitution/laundering/scamming rings

Gutenberg
Posted
Posted
5 minutes ago, craftbeerlover said:

Probably fewer than the uninvited chinese establishing military bases, harassing Filipino fisherman, and setting up prostitution/laundering/scamming rings

The US uniforms are even openly for sale :smile:

If we say 'Italian mafia' we don't mean every Italian but somehow 'Chinese criminals' are always directly led by Xi Jinpin.

Anyway, I am not watching CNN/FOXNews so I am not up to date with latest anti Chinese propaganda Americans are exposed to. I am doing business with Chinese merchants and war is bad for business.

• Like 1

Possum
Posted
Posted
7 hours ago, craftbeerlover said:

Another argument for restricting POGOs. Less competition for the locally run prostitution/laundering/scamming businesses. :wink:

• Haha 3