Jeepney driver, wife sorry for forcing a passenger to disembark because of her weight

Lee
Posted
Posted

In my early years when visiting T Town, some of the jeepney drivers used to argue with the wife claiming that I should pay a double fare due to my size.

Jeepney driver and his wife, who are facing a complaint before the Land Transportation Franchising and Regulatory Board (LTFRB) for telling a passenger to step out of their vehicle because of her weight, has apologized for their action, according to a report on "State of the Nation."

The driver and his wife admitted they said that fat people are not allowed to ride in their jeep and they told the passenger, Joysh Gutierrez, to step out of the vehicle.

The couple explained that Gutierrez used to be a passenger with whom they had an argument. They wanted to avoid an argument so they told Gutierrez to step out of the vehicle.

They also said that before the video of Gutierrez went viral, she told the couple that they were operating a public used jeepney without proper permits.

The couple admitted that what they did was wrong.

But they were also hurt by the viral video. They did not go out for three days because they were afraid.

The couple said they will attend the LTFRB hearing on June 14, 2024. — BAP, GMA Integrated News

Jeepney driver, wife sorry for forcing a passenger to disembark because of her weight (msn.com)

Lee
Posted
Posted

Another article.

LTFRB summons driver who ‘body shamed’ passenger

MANILA, Philippines — The Land Transportation Franchising and Regulatory Board (LTFRB) yesterday summoned a jeepney driver over a body shaming incident, which went viral on social media.

The LTFRB issued a show-cause order against Double A Transport Corp. and the driver of the jeepney with license plate NWJ-221.

The jeepney operators, Flora Magtibay and Romeo Guerrero, as well as the driver were ordered to appear at the LTFRB hearing tomorrow to explain possible franchise violation.

The driver supposedly refused to allow a 29-year-old female passenger to board his jeepney because of her body weight.

The passenger said the driver also asked her to pay twice the normal fare and was ordered to get out of the jeepney for being overweight.

The driver even blamed her weight as the cause of his vehicle’s flat tires.

The transport operators may face complaints for employing a discourteous driver, failure to convey a passenger and violating the safe spaces in public transportation law.

The show-cause order was signed by the LTFRB on Monday afternoon.

LTFRB Chairman Teofilo Guadiz has ordered an investigation into the body shaming incident.

“I ordered (LTFRB) National Capital Region director Zona Tamayo to look into the incident,” Guadiz said in a message to The STAR. — Bella

LTFRB summons driver who ‘body shamed’ passenger (msn.com)

gbmmbg
Posted
Posted

At 6'4 and 220lbs at the time back in the 8o's jeepney drivers were always  joking around and asking me to pay for "two" I would laugh and tell them "Babayaran ko ang dalawa, if you can guess how much I weigh. In 3 years no winners but made a few friends.  Cant say i agree with what they did but if the woman is fat, she is fat. lose the weight or grow thicker skin.

• Like 3

graham59
Posted
Posted

Get off you fat bastard ! :mocking:

Anything to halt the march of the fatties these days. :SugarwareZ-047:

• Haha 1

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted

Maybe fat but she is warm in winter and shade in the summer.  :hystery:

• Forum Support
scott h
Posted
Posted
32 minutes ago, Mike J said:

Maybe fat but she is warm in winter and shade in the summer

Reminds me of the "always have a bag of flour"

• Haha 1

gbmmbg
Posted
Posted
18 hours ago, scott h said:

Reminds me of the "always have a bag of flour"

If you need a "whole bag of flower" to find that wet spot try cat litter, that way it can be reused....:SugarwareZ-034: 

• Haha 1