Sharing too much.....

Possum
Posted
Posted

My wife and I recently looked at cars at two dealerships. I found one I liked and she found one she liked. Then we asked the prices. Her response? "No way. We could build a house to rent for that much so we will look for something less expensive." I see another new used car in our future.

• Like 2

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Possum said:

My wife and I recently looked at cars at two dealerships. I found one I liked and she found one she liked. Then we asked the prices. Her response? "No way. We could build a house to rent for that much so we will look for something less expensive." I see another new used car in our future.

Please refer to former posts regarding car buying here in PI. Through my own and other's experience, we have found that used cars sell for near new car prices - but, of course don't carry warranty's. Just be careful!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Georgebob
Posted
Posted
6 hours ago, Tommy T. said:

Please refer to former posts regarding car buying here in PI. Through my own and other's experience, we have found that used cars sell for near new car prices - but, of course don't carry warranty's. Just be careful!

Best advice ,refer to former posts 😁 

Possum
Posted
Posted
7 hours ago, Tommy T. said:

Thanks. We bought our current car from the wife of another expat at a reasonable price 6 years ago. I knew the owner and the maintenance the car had received. It has mostly been a good car drive train wise. If we cannot find similar we will probably look at something new but less expensive like a Toyota Raize or Honda BRV/HRV

• Forum Support
scott h
Posted
Posted
7 hours ago, Possum said:

look at something new

Sorry for sticking my oar in. But if you end up looking at new, take a look at the Suzuki Presso. If you need small, but with good cargo space this might do the trick. I have looked at one and it is smaller but has more cargo area than my current Vios. Seats 4, (or 9 Filipinos :whistling:). I have not test driven one yet, but have seen them all over the Metro area. Due to limited parking area at my house, if my Vios takes a dump on me this is what I would get.

54050_Maruti-Suzuki-S-Presso_001.jfif

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted

While living in the US the wife and I went to look at cars.  Found a Mercury Mountaineer that we both really liked.  He quoted a price and the wife said, that sounds reasonable.  The salesman stepped away for a bit and I explained how buying a car worked here.  As the salesman stepped back around, she spoke to me but load enough for him to hear; "It's a nice car but too much for our budget".  We bought the car with a bit of haggling.  That became her winter car as it had all wheel drive, in the warm months she drove our Buick Park Avenue which I owned prior to our marriage.  

• Like 2

hk blues
Posted
Posted
7 hours ago, scott h said:

Sorry for sticking my oar in. But if you end up looking at new, take a look at the Suzuki Presso. If you need small, but with good cargo space this might do the trick. I have looked at one and it is smaller but has more cargo area than my current Vios. Seats 4, (or 9 Filipinos :whistling:). I have not test driven one yet, but have seen them all over the Metro area. Due to limited parking area at my house, if my Vios takes a dump on me this is what I would get.

54050_Maruti-Suzuki-S-Presso_001.jfif 54.67 kB · 2 downloads

If you mean the S-Presso we took a look at it.  Certainly good bang for your buck but lacking a lot in interior quality.    The Toyota Raize we went for was about 20% more expensive but still well under a million and, in my opinion, an excellent choice at the lower end of the spectrum.  

• Like 3

spaul
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, hk blues said:

Certainly good bang for your buck but lacking a lot in interior quality. 

The best bang for your buck is the Suzuki Double Cab hands down. I can personally vouch for it Lol! :biggrin: