Sharing too much.....

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted

We also resolved - for us - the issue with dark tinting. We asked, and they provided, dark tint on the sides and light tint front and back. While we haven't driven the car at night, it seemed like a good compromise. We could have ordered up the reflective tint, but the price - which I have promptly forgotten - was prohibitive, as in several thousand pesos up-grade.... No thanks.

hk blues
Posted
Posted
12 minutes ago, Tommy T. said:

We also resolved - for us - the issue with dark tinting. We asked, and they provided, dark tint on the sides and light tint front and back. While we haven't driven the car at night, it seemed like a good compromise. We could have ordered up the reflective tint, but the price - which I have promptly forgotten - was prohibitive, as in several thousand pesos up-grade.... No thanks.

About 6k or 7k additional I believe.

It's the one complaint I have about the car but as we almost never drive at night we'll live with it.  Lesson learned by me. 

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted
20 hours ago, hk blues said:

We just renewed our insurance for our 1 year old Raize 2 weeks ago with Stronghold - Toyota recommended insurer -and paid 'only' 19k.  30k seems very high. 

I finally looked at our insurance papers and quotes. Toyota offered two options - Maya or Standard Insurance. L was told that Maya is new, so I automatically suggested we stick with the tried and older company. So we had two quotes - Maya did not offer "acts of nature," whereas Standard did. The difference in quotes was ~ 19-21k for Maya and ~ 24k for Standard, so my previous guess was wrong. We had similar prices for the Jimny. The limits of coverage do seem a bit low compared to western countries with liability running only 200k. That is not a lot in western countries, but perhaps is adequate here. I would hate to see the rates for much higher coverage. Still, I feel comfortable knowing we have complete coverage including the "acts of nature," clause.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted
22 hours ago, Tommy T. said:

The limits of coverage do seem a bit low compared to western countries with liability running only 200k. That is not a lot in western countries, but perhaps is adequate here. I would hate to see the rates for much higher coverage. Still, I feel comfortable knowing we have complete coverage including the "acts of nature," clause.

Prior to the move here,  I had the max liability coverage which at the time was $250,000.  Full coverage here is a magnitude cheaper here than what I was used to.  

• Thanks 1

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted
58 minutes ago, Mike J said:

Prior to the move here,  I had the max liability coverage which at the time was $250,000.  Full coverage here is a magnitude cheaper here than what I was used to.  

Our coverage is 200k pesos, not US$. Not sure if that was clear from my last post.

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted (edited)
On 7/27/2024 at 7:25 AM, Tommy T. said:

Our coverage is 200k pesos, not US$. Not sure if that was clear from my last post.

I also neglected to mention that our policy is due in mid-August, but the Toyota dealer - from whom we bought the insurance originally and will continue - offered an early payment discount of about 4k pesos. That is not to be sneezed at and if I pay it annually in June, as we did this year, it is not a big deal to pre-pay this first time but saves close to 20%.

So, instead of paying ~24k in August, we paid ~20k in June and will continue this, if the discount is offered next year.

Edited by Tommy T.

Georgebob
Posted
Posted
On 7/27/2024 at 9:25 AM, Tommy T. said:

Yes it was clear 

• Thanks 1

• 2 months later...
usa32
Posted
Posted
On 6/13/2024 at 11:47 PM, Old55 said:

Today we went out looking at cars for my wife. Before arriving I asked "please don't talk finances prices or our plans". She understood as everything is negotiable. 

The dealer has the car she likes so things are looking good. She then says "this is perfect I love this one" she then explains to the salesman how we need a car immediately as she hasn't a car now. :571c66d400c8c_1(103): I just smiled remembering that I do love her.  :wink:

Any other members have stories they wish to share? 

why buy her a car?  She rode public transportation before you

• Haha 2