Philippines Senior Card

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
4 minutes ago, hk blues said:

Not worth the risk comment meant for me, not her.

And with your shady background, you have to be extra careful!  :hystery:

• Haha 1

hk blues
Posted
Posted
6 minutes ago, OnMyWay said:

And with your shady background, you have to be extra careful!  :hystery:

image.jpeg

• Haha 1

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
10 minutes ago, Viking said:

I would actually feel embarrassed to try taking advantage of this

I totally Agree, If any Ex-Pat is in need of Discounts at Mc Dos, Burger King Jollibee and others I tend to think they need to reassess their Finances and do some belt tightening in Other areas what can I sayWho knows (dave (1).jpg :tiphat: 

• Like 3

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

Some years ago there was talk about Foreigners applying  for a card, I went to the Local OSCA (  Office of Senior Citizen Affairs) to apply,  never got in the door. I was told Not for foreigners :56da632e94212_1(60):

• Like 1

Possum
Posted
Posted

I actually have a senior card but have never used it nor do I intend to. MIL said she would get it for me. I told her I didn't qualify nor did I need one. About a month later she proudly walks in with the thing. I asked if she told the local official I was a foreigner here on a SRRV and she said he told her that was OK. Not surprising at all to me that local elected officials and the people they hire are not aware of the law so I put the thing in a file cabinet where it remains.

• Like 3

hk blues
Posted
Posted
17 hours ago, Possum said:

I actually have a senior card but have never used it nor do I intend to. MIL said she would get it for me. I told her I didn't qualify nor did I need one. About a month later she proudly walks in with the thing. I asked if she told the local official I was a foreigner here on a SRRV and she said he told her that was OK. Not surprising at all to me that local elected officials and the people they hire are not aware of the law so I put the thing in a file cabinet where it remains.

They're often aware of the law but the lure of the 500php to turn a blind eye can be powerful!

I'm not suggesting your MIL did such a thing but she wouldn't be the first to have.

Possum
Posted
Posted
7 hours ago, hk blues said:

They're often aware of the law but the lure of the 500php to turn a blind eye can be powerful!

I'm not suggesting your MIL did such a thing but she wouldn't be the first to have.

That cheapskate ? Not likely, but she did sell pancit near the offices for years so pancit may have well been involved.

hk blues
Posted
Posted
16 hours ago, Possum said:

That cheapskate ? Not likely, but she did sell pancit near the offices for years so pancit may have well been involved.

500php buys a lot here in Iloilo.  From what others have mentioned the going rate for 'fixing' a traffic offence is 500php elsewhere but here it's 100php.  

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
Me2
Posted
Posted
On 6/19/2024 at 8:10 AM, craftbeerlover said:

Most clubs you need to join to get the card, there are a couple clubs that will allow you to get the senior card if you play there.

I've been told you can get a Sr Federation card from Pradera Verde in Pampanga without joining. Do you know of any courses nearer to (preferably in) Metro Manila that offer it?