How long for spouse USA Visa

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
On 6/19/2024 at 2:59 PM, Vegas_Vol_2021 said:

So I still haven't found out the answer to the question that I asked.  Can you guys take the other topic to a new thread about adopting a kid?

I'm having a hard time understanding why it's so hard to get my wife over to the U.S. if we got married, or the process that it would take, especially if we had a kid together already. 

Thanks,

Actual you did get the answer.  Join VisaJourney.com as mentioned above.  Experts are there, not here.  You will need to get cr-1 visa for wife if married less than 1 year.  Probably takes 1-2 years.

CRBA is what the kid will need and the kid will be a citizen.

• Like 1

Vegas_Vol_2021
Posted
Posted

OK got it!

Thanks for your help

11 hours ago, Mike J said:

You can see how long Philippine spouse visa applications are taking by go to VisaJourney dot com.   They also discuss the process, paperwork, and steps required.  Your chances of getting a visitor/tourist visa for your fiancé/wife are close to zero.

earthdome
Posted
Posted
On 6/19/2024 at 3:49 AM, OnMyWay said:

Actual you did get the answer.  Join VisaJourney.com as mentioned above.  Experts are there, not here.  You will need to get cr-1 visa for wife if married less than 1 year.  Probably takes 1-2 years.

CRBA is what the kid will need and the kid will be a citizen.

If you have lived in the Philippines for more than 6 months you can file for her spouse visa with the US embassy, called Direct Consular Filing or DCF. It only took me a few months to get a spousal visa that way. That was 9 years ago so you should verify this hasn't changed.

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
1 minute ago, earthdome said:

called Direct Consular Filing or DCF.

That is gone.

• Like 1

earthdome
Posted
Posted
6 hours ago, OnMyWay said:

That is gone.

Ouch. Gotta join the long queue then.

• Like 1

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
9 hours ago, earthdome said:

Ouch. Gotta join the long queue then.

I think I started looking into visas in 2019, and they ended it a year or two prior.  There is an emergency DCF, but I don't know what the situation has to be.  On Visa Journey, worldwide, somebody gets one once in a while.

• Like 1

MikeB
Posted
Posted

The 1st order of business is the CRBA. That will eliminate an extra visa and if something happens to you the kid has a ticket out of there. Since you won't be married at time of birth they will almost certainly require a DNA test.

• Like 1

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
4 minutes ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

The top part is the norm now.  If you mean:

Filing Form I-130 Petitions in Exceptional Situations

I mentioned that in my second reply to Earthdome.  DCF used to be a normal offering at many embassies, like when Earthdome did it.  Very common.  Now it is only for exceptional situations.

In your link:

Examples of exceptional circumstances include:

Military emergencies – A U.S. service member, who is abroad but who does not fall under the military blanket authorization for U.S. service members stationed abroad on military bases, becomes aware of a new deployment or transfer with little notice. This exception generally applies in cases where the U.S. service member is provided with exceptionally less notice than normally expected.

Medical emergencies – A petitioner or beneficiary is facing an urgent medical emergency that requires immediate travel.

Threats to personal safety – A petitioner or beneficiary is facing an imminent threat to personal safety. For example, a petitioner and beneficiary may have been forced to flee their country of residence due to civil strife or natural disaster and are in precarious circumstances in a different country outside of the United States.

Close to aging out – A beneficiary is within a few months of aging out of eligibility.

Petitioner has recently naturalized – A petitioner and family member(s) have traveled for the immigrant visa interview, but the petitioner has naturalized and the family member(s) requires a new petition based on the petitioner’s citizenship.

Adoption of a child – A petitioner has adopted a child abroad and has an imminent need to depart the country. This type of case should only be considered if the petitioner has a full and final adoption decree on behalf of the child and the adoptive parent(s) has had legal custody of and jointly resided with the child for at least 2 years.

Short notice of position relocation – A U.S. citizen petitioner, living and working abroad, has received a job offer in or reassignment to the United States with little notice for the required start date.

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, MikeB said:

The 1st order of business is the CRBA. That will eliminate an extra visa and if something happens to you the kid has a ticket out of there. Since you won't be married at time of birth they will almost certainly require a DNA test.

Depends on what the kid looks like, in my opinion.  Also it helps if he documents the relationship carefully with photos, dates and locations, as I did.

No DNA test for my first daughter before I was married.  One month old below.  My wife says it is also about the nose, but I am not good at that nose thing.  My wife is a medium skin skin tone.

By contrast, last week in Bohol, she became friends with another mixed race girl visiting from the U.S.  Very dark skin and probably does not worry about being in the sun like many Filipinas do here.  Spoke perfect English.  I think she was born in the U.S but if she was born here, I'm sure she would be DNA tested because she inherited her mom's characteristics.

IMGP7521.JPG